Model Zone in Administration & to close

Mike

Does anyone know what happened to all their unsold kits/stock in the end, or did it all end up in that one store in Croydon?

I'd have thought that there must have been quite a bit that didn't sell. :hmmm:

Does anyone know what happened to all their unsold kits/stock in the end, or did it all end up in that one store in Croydon?

I'd have thought that there must have been quite a bit that didn't sell. :hmmm:

It's usual in such cases for the receivers to sell what they can through the shops they control. As a chain winds down stock will have been consolidated as confirmed above. The remnants will then be consolidated and sold as bulk lots, the receivers will have established buyers, whoever buys the stock then sells it through their usual channels. It's quite common for such stock to be offered for sale by one retailer then the remnants sold on again.

So, keep your eyes open in retail stores especially the Home Bargains type, independent shops and small chains, eventually market traders.

You would be surprised by how little volume there probably is, much will be returned to the suppliers/manufacturers/importers as they will retain title of stock supplied but not paid for, when Woolworth's went under most of the stock went through one rather small centre over about six weeks. Unfortunately it's an operation that is well understood...

I think this one has run its course, as Modelzone is now closed and it seems to be drifting off topic. If we get any more news about the possible future of the brand name, we'll let you know, or if you hear it first, you can always let us know :)

It's a shame, but it's a done deal now. :(