1/32 Zouki Mura A-1J Skyraider

Hi Folks

After seeing some wonderful examples being made of the Skyraider .....I decided it is time to bring out the 1/32 beast......Just some basic work done thus far the rudder pedals and the coat of Interior Green.......

sk1_zps1be694a5.jpg

The box is too big to be photographed .......

sk2_zpsbec4988a.jpg

Painted interior green since the photo......

Anyways as always....aim is towards a trouble free fast build.............

Rgds

Mr b

• Like 2

Anyways as always....aim is towards a trouble free fast build.............

Rgds

Mr b

From experience, trouble free - yes, mostly, but watch out for the exhaust stack...

Fast - maybe, but it will reward taking your time!

Good luck... I just ordered my Uhu from Hobbylink Japan...

Thanks for the encouragement guys.......got the sea grey bits on today as with the inserts on the side counsels.....so far the fitting is not matched to the price tag paid.....well early days yet......hope it gets better with time ...that silver plastic is some what dodgy too me as well...picture update when i got something worthwhile to show

mr mike - i will take yr advise on taking my time.....and yes the engine section really looks it will take time n planning hope to see the uhu up soon......

thanks again fellows

rgds

mr b

So far the general consensus is that the trumpeter Spad beats the ZM one hands down, but there are however quite a few areas where there ZM is superior.. Personally I've yet to compare them side to side, but considering the price, I may just get two more trumpeters instead :)

Hi Micheal.....

So far.... I agree.....sometimes its best to wait and see ......before a heafty purchase....there was no trumpy option in the market when i got this so its a case of damage done....so will just have to have fun with it......would like to know which areas it comes out on top ....

happy modelling

rgds

mr b

hope to see the uhu up soon......

Don't hold your breath! 6 weeks wait time at HLJ, followed by delivery, followed by a glacially slow builder... I only get an hour or so per session!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Folks

Got some progress......been busy with other things in life......anyways here goes......

SR1_zps9e546e2e.jpg

Got the cockpit done.....not the seat yet....as I might throw a spanner in the works and make this an Air Force bird....

SR3_zps0eecfd71.jpg

Made the tank looked used

SR2_zpsdaac28ed.jpg

The front bulkhead ....not yet mist it yet with some dilute brown or white........

SR4_zps7bae0094.jpg

Got the sides preshaded and the interior green is on......not toned yet.....

Over all its turning out to be a slow build.....as other things are taking center stage at the moment...........

Best Regards

Mr B

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Michealvk......you are right ....Might just omit some of the details and cut to the chase......or follow the principal of I know its there...ha ha.....not too sure yet....anyways an update.....this is offically an airforce bird now.....a j as opposed to a h....just received the additional j spure, instructions and the air force decals....from zouki for a small fortune.....very clever marketing idea....by zouki....but us early adaptors who bought the H loose out a bit ...but I guess the price of the additional air force stuff in the j kit is a bit cheaper as opposed to buying the J kit with the higher price then the H when it first hit the shelfs......

Built up the yankee seat and detailed it yesterday.....will post some updates...soon......

rgds

mr b

I think leaving the ribs in there is a good idea. I left a load out on the Trumpeter one I'm working on, and found the fuselage to be a bit on the squishy side as a result. Can't hurt to keep it a bit sturdier..

Noted with thanks.....Alraedy got them painted so ....no harm in getting them inside

rgds

mr b

Nice progress. :thumbsup2:

I have the USAF boxing and it actually comes with all the stuff from the earlier Navy boxing (even the decals). When I get around to mine, I'll probably leave out all the unseen stuff. I can't see the point, myself. Time is short and there are too many kits in the stash.

Will follow your build with interest. :popcorn:

Thanks guys

Got a picture based update.....close the sides together.....very clever design ......not much of issues....but ....the arrester hook needed to be cut off as it sits on the mating points.....as well with the bulkhead for the tail gear....needed shaving but still not enough so I need to tackle that while filling.......

SR5_zps37dabf15.jpg

SR6_zpseaf4b064.jpg

SR7_zps777c6431.jpg

SR8_zps86526af0.jpg

Its getting big.....and the dreaded engine bits are coming soon............

Rgds and Happy Modelling to all

Mr B

• 2 weeks later...

HI Folks

Getting long in the tooth on this one....got a minor update......making the fuselage complete......fit is not so great......but minor putty work is forseen.......

sr9_zps055139ff.jpg

This is where I am at now......tomorrow if all goes well I will get the Engine mounts on.....and go onto the Engine......also painted the underside plate......

sr10_zps63666494.jpg

This is how it looks with everything inside from underneath......

Best Regards

mr B

Thanks Mr Shark

Anyways got an update ....sorry for the crappy pictures.....done mostly at night.....

sr12_zps32a12ffb.jpg

The pistons...wish it could fly....:) .....to me its wasted plastic.....and because of that the crackcase does not fit well too much of pins on the other side.....

sr13_zpsb1a625a4.jpg

sr14_zpseda601f8.jpg

The engine done......never again...! Instructions were no help at all..........or what is it me.........anyways its guess work and not really done well.......I was loosing steam....

sr15_zps99acf00a.jpg

Got most of the fuselage together .....with the engine mounts and stuff all in.....just hope the engine sits ok.....

sr17_zpsdd1ad6be.jpg

sr16_zps1aa720d8.jpg

sr18_zps6472de98.jpg

Tackled the wings spars....and done the underside bits......once again all this locating tabs and stuff hope it aligns well.........

Next the outer wings and hopefully ...I can get a complete airframe soon.........loads of work and too many parts..........

Best Regards

Mr B

Thanks a bunch guys.....

I managed to get some paint on......and the airframe is complete...........but hit a major snag.........anyone can help will be much appreciative....

The wing folds......does not look good in the down position did I miss something I know there is a tab/plate to cover the main joint but...the rear join looks sunken in....and as a personal preference, I do not like them in the up position especially on a air force bird.......will need to work out a solution.....anyone got a picture of the wings in deployed position will be helpful.........

Will try and post some pics soon.......the tunnel can be seen but still not in reach.............hahahhaahhaha

Rgds

Mr B

The air force aircraft never had their wings up anyway. A mate of mine had pretty much the same problem with his wind folds. I thing copious putty, sanding and rescribing happened..

Thought so......and thanks for confirming that air force birds....rarely have their wings up...all the more reason to work out a solution....I think I have got it will give it a go...soon...but must be careful not to damage the paint work......

Hope I do not hash...it up.....will post soon

Rgds

Mr b

Well, I wouldn't say "never". ;)

35.JPG

36.JPG

If you want to pose it folded up, then I'd say go right ahead. It would certainly take up less space. Having said that, when I get around to building mine, it will be wings down.

Some good progress, btw. Nice looking cockpit. :)

Thanks Smiffy.....those pictures really does help....I will still try the wings down...if all else fails.........I will fold them..........

Hope to see yours done up soon.........

Rgds

Mr b