Tamiya 1/48 DH Mosquito FB MK. VI

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good!

May I ask why you replaced the raised band around the mid upper fuselage with a strip of metal?

Sean

Thank you Sir.

I have lost some detail on it during the sanding, so that is why I've replaced it with strip of metal.

Nice work up to now, I'm liking the worn effects in the bomb bay and to the fuel tanks.

I'd be a bit nervous of knocking those gun barrels off though!

Tim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What primer is your usual weapon of choice IIan? I've just noticed you'll be building this as a IAF Mossie, are we going to be treated to some unusual camouflage scheme? I can't wait to see the next set of pics.

Tim.

Tim, I use the Tamiya Gray Primer. The Mossi will be in Blue/Brown on top and Aluminium for the bottom.

Cheers IIan, its always good to know what different people use. I knew I could rely on you to cook up something different when it came to the paint job, can't wait to see the result.

Tim.

Looks fantastic mate , i just finished doing the same kit,

i done mine as Night fighter version BUT its no where near as good as yours you detail is fantastic will look forward to seeing the finished item.

• Like 1

Very nice work Ilan,

The cockpit looked well done with the harnesses. Is that your own canopy mask? The IAF scheme is unusual but a welcome change.

Regards,

Thank you Gentlemen.

The Canopy mask are my own made.

• Like 1