Take one fleabay bargain . . .

blimp

• Hi Steve , I havn't decided yet :wicked: I might do both ( the mantle is detatchable for servicing ) but probably the 152 . P4300001_zpsd937ddb3.jpg 3 to 1 gearboxes are in position - using a 5mm rod trough the drive bearings to keep everything lined up while I do the mounting blocks , new shafts will be needed - to accept a set of Tamiya JS 2 sprockets . 999899fc-95de-4e34-aecb-0e3f71efe0cc_zps - The commanders hatch opens to accept a I.R. mushroom / figure , the gunner/driver hatch can rotate . 40+ bits for each one ! Recoiling gun mount and gimble to do yet , I'm thinking of using sections of fishing rod for the barrel to keep the weight down . . ..

Looks great - I'm going to move it to WIP as it's a build, but I'll put the tag 1:16 on it to make it clear it's for the big scale armour builders amongst us. Keep up the good work ;)

• 3 weeks later...

The lower gun gimbal supporting mount , a simple boss set into a cross girder

http://P7140003_zps6189607e.jpg . . . The top boss is in the upper mantlet P7140004_zpsf85f3afd.jpg . . . And the gimbal , ( tempoarily fitted with an HL Jadpanther recoil unit - a more substantial recoil is needed ! )P7140005_zps6861c651.jpg The barrel in progress , made from a carbon fiber fishing rod . ( loosely fitted with the front mantlet for this pic ) P7140001_zpsac3192e2.jpgP7140006_zpsaa588d7b.jpgn . . . It's starting to look like something now :coolio:

Edited by blimp
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for the erratic postings folks , ISP aggro . But here are a few more silly bits done whilst waiting for extra bolts to arrive . . .P7280004_zps986db084.jpg . . . . return roller mounts got new backspacers , brass bushes and more holes for extra bolts . . . P7280003_zps2247f6e1.jpg . . . . the rollers being altered . . . P7280006_zpsc3b500ea.jpg

Edited by blimp

• 2 months later...

Hot off Tamiya 's spares list - the distinctive JS drive sprockets , next to one from a KV - they fit my metal HL/Mato tracks a treat too :) - PA230012_zps25ed8710.jpg PA250014_zpse676d4cc.jpg . . . the gearbox shafts need an extra flat ground on to fit but that's much easier than having to source custom ones . Double yay ! Then on to a bit of panel beating . . . PA250015_zps29bee0a6.jpg - and more blinkin hinges :banghead: Now for the gun cradle . To have gunflash with 'bang', I.R. , elevation , traverse and recoil , not much there then . . . .

Edited by blimp

• 8 months later...

Now for my Igor bit . . .The Brain ! PC240026_zpsf892ffc2.jpg . . . an IBU2pro board , all singing all dancing little number , fully customisable but won't make a cup o' tea .

• Like 1

Fuel cannisters , rolled card and plasticard discs , with a piece of sprue/bolt for the filler caps . mounts from plasticard . . . P4056298_zpsc19293ec.jpg . . . . retaining straps are strips of stainless steel shim - 1mm studding + a nut , just some tiny brackets and they will work just like the full size jobbies :banghead:P1016317_zps6f79fe9a.jpg

Edited by blimp

. . . And just because I have got my new camera working :D here's a gratuitious shot of the loaders hatches ( epicope will be fitted after painting ) P1016320_zps3c0d9711.jpg . . . Just the small stuff to do now , engineers tools / clasps , box . Lights will be via LED/fibre optics . . .

• Like 2