As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

russ c

B-26B Invader, French Indochina.

Hi Everyone, just completed my Revell boxing of Monograms 1/48 B-26B Douglas Invader, which I`ve completed to represent an aircraft of GB.1/19, L`Armee DeL`Air, Indochina, Circa 1954-55

SAM_6213_zpsa60a59a6.jpg

Decals are a mix of; kit, spares stash and a Berna decals French Invader sheet

SAM_6214_zps0fe325f5.jpg

Had to resort to a Vac-form canopy (as the kit contained an early framed item) which gave me some headaches and at one point I had to cut it off and start again due to superglue fogging.

SAM_6215_zps94755679.jpg

Apart from decals and canopy the rest is OOB with some wire embellishments around the engines

SAM_6220_zps872f1503.jpg

When I purchased the kit in March I intended to do it as a `sanitised` CIA aircraft from operation Millpond but when I saw the kit contained both turrets and rockets and gunpods I just had to do it as a French bomber.

SAM_6225_zps7c8caeff.jpg

so no guesses what my next Invader will be

SAM_6227_zpsc0ac1a9b.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at...

Very nice indeed, looks fab!

Cheers

Tony O

awesome build looks great, the weathering looks great something not easy to do on a black , i know i cant pull it off

good evening russ c

congratulations for this result, which I appreciate as much as it is a recognition to our aviation in a difficult period. I am familiar with the work of black camos, the 'clean' (to post soon) and the "less beautiful", and your intermediate model is very well rendered!
Congratulations again
Paul

If you dip vacuform canopies in Future, you will never have a problem with CA fogging.

That's a very nice model you've created - the surface finish is nicely flattened as it would be in the tropics.

Man, you work fast! And once again a lovely subject, well build as well. Love the crisp canopy!

Sid

Looks good in French markings. Mine will be like that but (i) with a white roof, and (ii) hopefully as tidy.

That's a very handsome build, and as others have said, kudos for making the black finish look so good!

I've always liked the lanky yet threatening look of the Invader...

Man, you work fast! And once again a lovely subject, well build as well. Love the crisp canopy!

Sid

Cheers Sid; Not that fast !! I started it in March been wrestling with that canopy for a while

If you dip vacuform canopies in Future, you will never have a problem with CA fogging.

That's a very nice model you've created - the surface finish is nicely flattened as it would be in the tropics.

Thanks Tom, funnily enough I dipped it twice in Klear/Future, usually enough, but not this time for some reason ?

A beauty Russ, also revisited your F-5, a little cracker and a very good kit.....got mine on Saturday and building it in Canadian markings...just can't resist a refueling probe!

Beautiful job Russ

Blooming thing looks like it packs a he'll of a punch, bit like a beaufighter on steroids :boxing:

Cheers Pat

great build ,i like the black finish,well done !!

Always enjoy looking at your work Russ, and this one is no exception.

Tim.