B-26B Invader, French Indochina.

Hi Everyone, just completed my Revell boxing of Monograms 1/48 B-26B Douglas Invader, which I`ve completed to represent an aircraft of GB.1/19, L`Armee DeL`Air, Indochina, Circa 1954-55

SAM_6213_zpsa60a59a6.jpg

Decals are a mix of; kit, spares stash and a Berna decals French Invader sheet

SAM_6214_zps0fe325f5.jpg

Had to resort to a Vac-form canopy (as the kit contained an early framed item) which gave me some headaches and at one point I had to cut it off and start again due to superglue fogging.

SAM_6215_zps94755679.jpg

Apart from decals and canopy the rest is OOB with some wire embellishments around the engines

SAM_6220_zps872f1503.jpg

When I purchased the kit in March I intended to do it as a `sanitised` CIA aircraft from operation Millpond but when I saw the kit contained both turrets and rockets and gunpods I just had to do it as a French bomber.

SAM_6225_zps7c8caeff.jpg

so no guesses what my next Invader will be

SAM_6227_zpsc0ac1a9b.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at...

• Like 7

good evening russ c

congratulations for this result, which I appreciate as much as it is a recognition to our aviation in a difficult period. I am familiar with the work of black camos, the 'clean' (to post soon) and the "less beautiful", and your intermediate model is very well rendered!
Congratulations again
Paul
  • Like 1

If you dip vacuform canopies in Future, you will never have a problem with CA fogging.

That's a very nice model you've created - the surface finish is nicely flattened as it would be in the tropics.

• Like 1

That's a very handsome build, and as others have said, kudos for making the black finish look so good!

I've always liked the lanky yet threatening look of the Invader...

• Like 1

Man, you work fast! And once again a lovely subject, well build as well. Love the crisp canopy!

Sid

Cheers Sid; Not that fast !! I started it in March been wrestling with that canopy for a while

If you dip vacuform canopies in Future, you will never have a problem with CA fogging.

That's a very nice model you've created - the surface finish is nicely flattened as it would be in the tropics.

Thanks Tom, funnily enough I dipped it twice in Klear/Future, usually enough, but not this time for some reason ?

A beauty Russ, also revisited your F-5, a little cracker and a very good kit.....got mine on Saturday and building it in Canadian markings...just can't resist a refueling probe!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...