How about a Korean War G.B?

Mozzy19

That should read 30, 15 for a STGB

I meant 15 in addition to the people who have already expressed an interest, but I was a bit vague.

Sean

• Like 1

Not knowing anything about armour, what British armour was used in Korea?

Wez

Howdy Wez

The Centurion was definately used, A few Cromwells as well, and interestingly, there were some Churchills (MK III's) and Fireflys used too.

Have a look on the intergoogle for some pics.

Steve

Actually, very interestingly, there are a couple of vehicles there ive never even heard of, (M37, M75?)

Steve

And presumably not available in kit form.

And presumably not available in kit form.

Not that I know of mozzie.

However, the M37 could be made from a Chaffee chassis and Sherman 105 bits and scratch building.

The M75, mhhhh. You could back engineer an M113....

Steve

Edit- actually, the M75 has the Hellcat chassis, just google M75 Apc...

Edited by MAD STEVE

Not that I know of mozzie.

However, the M37 could be made from a Chaffee chassis and Sherman 105 bits and scratch building.

The M75, mhhhh. You could back engineer an M113....

Steve

Edit- actually, the M75 has the Hellcat chassis, just google M75 Apc...

I think I'll stick to my wingy things...

Sean

Since we're posting pictures.... I'll add some of one of my ongoing builds. As I noted above I've been building my friend's grandfather's history in aircraft. This was one of his Flight Record Sheets... April 1951 in Korea.

IFR_04_1951_zps09b2cd23.jpg

Anyway, these were a flareship mission where they supported the troops on the ground by dropping flares at night. Unfortunately there are very few photos of C-47s during these missions. This is one of the only ones that I've ever been able to find.

C-47-special-operations_zps6b0e5253.jpg

So I've been slowly building an ESCI C-47D as one.

7J3_zps71c7b222.jpg

7J1_zps90680669.jpg

I've got a couple more of his to do... several RB-26s, among others. So help me out and join this GB :P

Edited by -Neu-
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice build. There's still plenty of time for people to express an interest.

Sean

Or maybe not as many people will express an interest as I'd thought...

Sean

Its not called the forgotten war for nothing.

I should say that we are in better shape than other GBs currently proposed. I think we might only be behind the F1/MotoGP for interest expresed, and about the same or one more than the Bomber Command GB.

• Like 1

For me, the problem with group builds is that almost every single one captures my imagination in some way. I can't bear not signing up for them.

Which leaves me in my current position... nine concurrent builds in four GBs! :frantic:

and thoroughly enjoying myself... :D

I'd definitely be in for this one. I'm currently building a WW2 era Fairey Firefly FR.1 in the FAA GB. So I'd probably build a Korean War era Firefly V to keep it company.

For me, the problem with group builds is that almost every single one captures my imagination in some way. I can't bear not signing up for them.

I've been in that position recently with the FAA, Splendid Cats and USN group builds. I'd signed up for all, but only posted a thread in the FAA and I've not even started that yet either!

Sean

I have the same problem though I'm only attempting one per GB, but still!

Though things are about to get really interesting for me as I'm about to start a 3/1 roster (3 weeks on 1 off) with two days travelling (far north west corner of Oz) which comes out of my time off! Needless to say I might have to really pull my finger out to complete them in time!

But still will be in this one, Mig-21 STGB, Resin (??)……….plus anything else that grabs my attention……..ok I admit I have a problem! :banghead::D

Hmmm maybe a twin Mustang for this build!