How about a Korean War G.B?

Mozzy19

I was wondering if there had ever been a Korean War G.B as there is quite a lot of subjects that could be done e.g. Sabres, MiG's and the like to Centurions, Pershings and all of the inbetweens.

If we haven't had one, what are people's opinions about one?

Sean

List of interested people:

1- Mozzy19 (host)

2- -Neu- (co-host)

3- GiorgioN

4- trickyrich

5- Black Knight

6- AndyC

7- Dazzio

8- Paul J

9- Wez

10- Doug Rodgers

11- snapper_city

12- MAD STEVE

13- stevehnz

14- Enzo Matrix

15- Radleigh

16- Col.

17- Bonhoff

18- Stephen

19- mungo1974

20- Moggy

21- Shermaniac

22- JOCKNEY

23- kpc7676

24- SaintsPhil

25- Procopius

26- ALF18

27- Misterfriend

28- Knaupel

29- EX-FAAWAFU

30- Arniec

31- Atom.uk

32- smuts

33- Sgeek

34- Shar2

• Like 2

Good call, I've wondered the very same thing myself, lots of interesting subjects on land, sea and air with that one.

Wez

I'm interested.

But, I know its the way of this forum, next year is too long away for me, I'd be happier with this year, even if it was late autumn/winter as I plan to build most of my 'Korean War' aeroplanes before the year is out. Maybe I'll have a few left over for next year tho.

I'm interested.

But, I know its the way of this forum, next year is too long away for me, I'd be happier with this year, even if it was late autumn/winter as I plan to build most of my 'Korean War' aeroplanes before the year is out. Maybe I'll have a few left over for next year tho.

You never know, you might not build all like you say, or you may have added to your stash by then.

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to mozzy a couple of days and I'm definitely in to build a couple kits as well as helping co-mod the GB if we get enough votes. The Korean war is a big interest of mine... I've been writing a history of my friend's grandfather's service there as a C-47 and RB-26 pilot... and I'll definitely be building one of those for the GB and adding a bit about its back history. In addition I'll probably add a F9F panther, an AD Skyraider and a KP Mig-15...among others. Hopefully we can get enough people signed on to make this a reality.

I spoke to mozzy a couple of days and I'm definitely in to build a couple kits as well as helping co-mod the GB if we get enough votes. The Korean war is a big interest of mine... I've been writing a history of my friend's grandfather's service there as a C-47 and RB-26 pilot... and I'll definitely be building one of those for the GB and adding a bit about its back history. In addition I'll probably add a F9F panther, an AD Skyraider and a KP Mig-15...among others. Hopefully we can get enough people signed on to make this a reality.

I've got you down on the list Richard.

You'll probably make up the bulk of the g.b with all those!

Sean

I tend to build in bunches. I really enjoy theme builds... militaries are organizations with multiple capabilities operating at once.. so building just one aircraft doesn't interest me as much as building multiple aircraft operating in a theater or in a squadron. A couple of GBs that I participated in (in ARC):

CBI (crappy photo,... sorry)

5S7.jpg

USAFE (this was sorta in progress):

5D2.jpg

Right now I'm doing 5 CF-18s for the Hornet GB.

So yeah... you can expect a few aircraft from me. However I'd probably pour a lot of time into the RB-26 given how interested I am in that aircraft and all of the AM I've invested into it.