Why the M.O.D.closed its U.F.O. desk?

jetboy

Strikes me as a case of "Well what do you expect us to do about them?" :shrug:

If the alleged capabilities of these things are even half-true, engaging them in a Eurofighter would be rather like going up against a Eurofighter on horseback.....Seriously, if any star-faring race genuinely wanted to harm us we'd be sleeping with the dinosaurs before we even knew they were there. :rolleyes:

The short story by the late Iain M Banks mentioned in my signature gives a pretty good idea of how it might go down, were we to encounter a genuinely starfaring culture.....Highly recommended reading! :coolio:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

If the alleged capabilities of these things are even half-true, engaging them in a Eurofighter would be rather like going up against a Eurofighter on horseback....

Which tranche? Maybe it'd be one of the ones that can't carry bombs.

Still got an afterburner though! :jump_fire::deadhorse:

BTW - Have you read Nick Pope's 'Operation Thunderchild' waffle.....Elron himself couldn't have come up with anything more preposterous! :rolleyes:

To paraphrase the late Mr. Banks once again, low-tech cultures tend to meet high-tech cultures in the same way a sentence meets a full stop. :o

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

MOD UFO desk.

Sounds quite important doesn't it?

Though if you think MOD,

Was it some old bloke in a cellar somewhere who was due to retire then anyway?

Or is it, UFO's do not exist in the same way that todays police do not count someone breaking into your car as a crime?

The truth is out there.

But HMG can't be bothered 'cos it doesn't involve ethnic minorities.

Pete

• Like 1

Have the files been released officially in book form or is that yet to happen? I know you can pick up the loony UFO books in charity shops all over the place, but has the MOD or related persons published anything?

Apart from the miniscule amount of genuine unexplainable accounts, I'm sure the other 99.9999% of cases would be enjoyable reading. Not to mention the countless military aircraft (interceptions), & what about the incidents where pilots claimed they collided with UFOs hence that Romanian Mig 21 with dents to prove it. Even if it is all hilarious waffle, it would all make interesting reading.

I'm sure the MOD would make a small sum from releasing a series of books decade by decade.

Martin

Personally I'm glad they've stopped wasting time and budget on this - entertainment is all well and good but the MOD has got a needy BAe to support with all of its "surplus" cash!

MOD UFO desk.

Was it some old bloke in a cellar somewhere who was due to retire then anyway?

Pete

Like everyone else, we are all getting old, I worked with Nick Pope in MOD almost 50 years ago, and I have been retired for over 10 years.

Robin.

Like everyone else, we are all getting old, I worked with Nick Pope in MOD almost 50 years ago, and I have been retired for over 10 years.

Robin.

Then there really is something strange going on - Nick Pope is younger than me and 50 years ago I was in nappies!

John

Then there really is something strange going on - Nick Pope is younger than me and 50 years ago I was in nappies!

John

Hi John.

Sorry, had a "Senior Moment", it was in the late 80s that we worked together, can't remember if he was into UFOs then.

Robin.

Pretty sure the existance or non-existance of UFOs does not amount to a conspiracy theory.....The simple fact is that while uncommon, they do appear to be a real phenomenen and one which the MOD feels is outside its remit (or beyond its capability). :rolleyes:

Them's the facts.....The rest is waffle. ;)

Were you at Rudloe Manor at all Robin? :hmmm:

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

It has often occurred to me that if we have been visited by aliens, the reason they have not made contact is that they consider the human race too dangerous to have anything to do with at this stage in its evolution.

Martin