Air Canada blue in a rattle can

Not got the foggiest but you can buy Xtracolor X553 off the shelf from Hannants. For some odd reason it's described as Air Canada Boeing 777 Blue but unless anyone knows differently the 777s are the same colour as all other AC aircraft.

Not got the foggiest but you can buy Xtracolor X553 off the shelf from Hannants. For some odd reason it's described as Air Canada Boeing 777 Blue but unless anyone knows differently the 777s are the same colour as all other AC aircraft.

I don't really want to airbrush if I can help it though...

• 1 year later...

If you can find the Bs number for the paint,Halfords should be able to mix you a batch on the spot (in a rattle can).

I find it amazing that (to the best of my knowledge) it's not possible to get custom mixed spray paint in the US. It's certainly not available at your local DIY or auto parts store.

Yes, all the fleet are blue[1]. Some are more faded than others.

[1] I shall refrain from using the nickname many pilots hereabouts call it. Suffice to say that it's not fit for mixed company.

I've always seen it as more of a mint green when I've seen it in person, but regardless blue or green, I find it one of the most hideous airline schemes ever invented.

Like all colour schemes, opinions do vary....

As does the shade...

There is a tendency to make it a bit too blue on occasion and it doesn't help that it can appear different in photos, depending on what light the pic was taken under.

In general, probably the best way is either scrape some paint off a real one and take that to Halfords, or...

get a tin of Hannants paint and take that to Halfords, since hannants always say whats on the tin lid is whats in the tin....

and ask Halfords to match that.

They've done it for me this way numerous times but if you can, avoid taking an ipad in there and using that as your paint match.

Colours can look even more different on a computer screen, hand held or desktop.

Same goes for printed photos.

It's good to know thet the septic tanks don't have everything.

Yes , here in rural Ireland, our local car accessory store has the HOLTS DUPLI colour system.

http://www.holtspaints.com/

The storefinder is not comprehensive, I do know that the colour base doesn't require a large stock of base colours.

A PC prog gives the percentages and weight of colours to mix and viola - tha illusive shade you were looking for.

I have both a rattle can and a 100 ml bottle of RAF light grey, enough to do several Nimrod R1 and many other assorted RAF aircraft.

They also do RAL and RLM colours, but alas no FS.

Edited by oggy4624