F100D 48th CHAUMONT AFB 1959 trumpeter 1/32

Hello

First Assembly of the three trumpeter models, I took a lot of pleasure to make this decoration, non-existent decals, so completely made brush including badges, only initials air force and buzz number in box "surplus".
Three decorations "candy" of Chaumont at that time, I had a preference for the...
painting humbrol and rub is buff, plus various pastels...
e862z3.jpg
i48ruz.jpg
bmbfj8.jpg
rslpq6.jpg
n98peg.jpg
4ze0qd.jpg
r5l1po.jpg
seyt2r.jpg
cc1n3f.jpg
  • Like 7

Great job Paul. I did this one in 72nd scale and liked it pretty much until I saw this one. Thanks a lot! :fight:LOL

Come on admit it - you're teasing us!!!!

This is the real thing right?? These are photos from your personal archives and you just thought to make some fun with us!!!

Seriously now, the result is very realistic. Which is something that makes me look forward to see your next build.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Sernak

Thank you everyone

Stryker, sorry to you pain (kidding!) hope to mainly see you do better than this...
With regard to the pictures of times, I have no, I used to just raise the nose to the passage of these raptors with other concerns, like any citizen at this age,.. .that photography! , and today, the photos make me defects (do not repeat in... Madam!)
Now, between us, even if these devices were of "iron"..., they had a different stamp than the current ambient gray!
Paul

Yes, yes, very nice reference photos, but where are the pictures of your model?

Jokes aside, that is an absolutely cracking build mate. You can tell when someone does a great job, when they can make you really interested in a plane you'd never really otherwise have a particular interest in. And I definitely spent 10-15 mins just looking at your pics, wondering how the bloody hell you managed to make it so lifelike!

Beautiful Rooster Weenie!

Although im pretty sure by the time the 48th FBW started using this candy cane paint scheme they'd moved from Chaumont to Lakenheath.

Doesn't detract from your beautiful build though!.....I can only hope when i finally get to mine which i plan to build as the Wing Commander's jet with the blue/yellow/red candy stripes it comes out half as nice as your i'll be stoked

Gary

Beautiful Rooster Weenie! Although im pretty sure by the time the 48th FBW started using this candy cane paint scheme they'd moved from Chaumont to Lakenheath. Doesn't detract from your beautiful build though!.....I can only hope when i finally get to mine which i plan to build as the Wing Commander's jet with the blue/yellow/red candy stripes it comes out half as nice as your i'll be stoked Gary

Thanks mungo

but this good paint scheme was applied to Chaumont AFB in 1958 while moving on Lackenheath is done the 2 nd half of 1959...

That may very well be the best rendition of heat-distressed metal I've ever seen.