Boeing 757 kits 1/144

ATPER

hi.

I got a while back a Minicraft kit 757 in 1/144. It was supposed to wear FedEx N901FD colors. I got it to the stage of painting but then there was the big accident, color went of etc,... as it was not the best kit I ever realized, I decided to put it into storage. It got scrapped this Friday.

My question is now, as I know 2 757 kits in 1/144 that are not resin, which one is the better one?

MC 757 --> which sub-package?

EE 757 (eastern express)

all are in 1/144

I also have one EE 737-400 which was VERY difficult to built, so, is the 757 better from EE?

thanks a lot

I was given a copy of the Welsh 757 kit last week. Looks pretty good! Vac fuselage and low-pressure injection moulded wings, engines and tailplanes. It also contains a small bag of white metal detail parts. I can't vouch for its accuracy, but I'm sure it's better than either of the two already mentioned in this thread. Planning on starting it soon!

Kev

Yep that correct chris eastern express b757 is a copy of the minicraft kit but a few changes and not in a good way makes it worse

Cheers Paul, thought they were, I have a few. 757 kits in the for sale section

Also, different boxings of the Minicraft kit have different engines - the RR versions being a bit rarer I think

Also, different boxings of the Minicraft kit have different engines - the RR versions being a bit rarer I think

The RR engines come in the new NASA kits, look at the for sale section buddy

Ah, the latest Minicraft 757 thread!

If you're looking for an accurate 757 forget Minicraft and anything based on it. Apart from the numerous inaccuracies in the fuselage shape, wings at different heights etc, the engines are awful, particularly the RRs. The options are Welsh Models, Authentic Airliners, PAS Models, and Contrails.

Big Kev has commented on Welsh Models.

I only have the AA version (unbuilt so far) but I can assure you it is gorgeous and it comes with RR and PW engines. Unfortunately it's currently unavailable although hopefully Kurt will do another run before too long.

The PAS kit has been discussed in this forum:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234930130-pas-models-boeing-757-200/?hl=%2Bpas+%2Bmodels

I don't know anything about the Contrails version. Here's the link to their website:

http://www.contrailsmodels.com/Complete_Kits.html

It may just be me but I think there's something odd about the sit of the RR engines, otherwise it looks nice.

None of these kits is particularly cheap but by the time you pay for the necessary BraZ parts to correct the Minicraft monstrosity the price difference becomes much less apparent.

Edited by David G

I was given a copy of the Welsh 757 kit last week. Looks pretty good! Vac fuselage and low-pressure injection moulded wings, engines and tailplanes. It also contains a small bag of white metal detail parts. I can't vouch for its accuracy, but I'm sure it's better than either of the two already mentioned in this thread. Planning on starting it soon!

Kev

Watch out for the wing root on this particular boxing Kev.

The wing section is a work of fiction in my opinion. Hopefully later issues have been modified to better represent the original.

Have a look at the Authentic Airliners version to see how it should be done.

Chris.