Polish Leopard 2A4 (Revell 1/72)

Hello All,

This is my first tank model. I usually do aircraft in 1/72 but now I went into something new.

Leopard 2A4 #0166 was presented on a military show "Operation West" at Rakow training area in Wroclaw, Poland on May 26th. I went there with my family to see the Leopard, T-34 and Rosomak (Polish variant of Patria AMV). I decided to start a tank. Two weeks passed and here it is.

The real thing:

2082.jpg

My kids: Kate and Gustav enjoyed the vehicles:

2083.jpg

Kit: Revell 1/72. Half of its barrel (which was too thin) replaced by a brass tube. Tow ropes: Eureka XXL, decals: Toro Model.

2113.jpg

2114.jpg

2115.jpg

2116.jpg

2117.jpg

2118.jpg

2119.jpg

2120.jpg

2121.jpg

2122.jpg

2123.jpg

2124.jpg

2125.jpg

2126.jpg

2127.jpg

2128.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice indeed,,,, anyone that can beat these small scale beasties into shape deserves all the praise (and a lifetime's supply of contact lenses,,,LOL).

Regards

Pete

You're right, Pete. The first time in my modelling I had to use a magnifying glass was two days ago, when I was setting decals on the Leopard. The decals allow to create license plates for any Polish Leopard, so they are made of a background decal with [u-A00 T] and 4 sets of digits. I had to set 1 and 2 separately to create [u-A0012T] for #0166. The rear plate is 2,5 mm high and has 2 lines of characters. It was impossible for me to do it with naked eyes.