Airfix 1/72 Sea Harrier FRS2, XZ439

Hello britmodellers!

I have recently finished off my latest kit. It is a present to one of my grandads friends who used to work on Harriers, and XZ439 is his favourite one. XZ439 is also the last flying Harrier in the world, though it is not used in operation, but is owned privately.

The kit went together nicely, no major problems. I wanted to do it in an inflight pose, as it would look good, and I've never made one like that before.

The decals were from Model Alliance, and is ''decalled'' and painted in the way as it was when it went to the States, Eglin AFB, as a part of weapon trials.

The stand is made by my dad. He is a fibreglass worker and makes masters for designer sinks. Therefore he was able to make a very unique stand after my specifications, and I gave him free hands regarding to the stand itself. And he did a great job, and I must be honest and say that I'm really proud of this model (been doing modelling for two years, I'm 16 now ;)) and kinda sad to see it go. But I know for sure that the coming owner will be very happy! Also, I have never seen a stand like the one my dad has made, and really grateful for his great work too! It really brings the model to life! :)

_DSC0064_zps1b75235a.jpg

_DSC0066_zpsa9462eb7.jpg

_DSC0067_zps9b948cbe.jpg

_DSC0069_zps65e40139.jpg

_DSC0070_zps0263983c.jpg

_DSC0072_zpsa7766dec.jpg

_DSC0074_zps6769418e.jpg

Enough for now! Thanks for looking, and comments and critics are recieved with a smile!

Robin

Edited by Matcham11
  • Like 3

Very nice SHAR and interesting to see one in those unusual markings. I guess you swapped the pilot from the one supplied in the kit!!

Pat

Thanks Pat!

I actually dont remember, I think I used the one from the kit :)