AD6 skyraider VA155 Corée 1954 monogram 1/48

Hello

the dissolved VA155 nov 30, 1949 and reborn from its ashes when the Feb 15, 1953 the VA728 becomes VA155 equipped with skyraiders. The comp is Monogram, exit and emerged since some years before the arrival of a Japanese manufacturer, which has not much better about the accuracy of the kit, if it is to have brought the sacrosanct engraving in very large hollow... I simply added the canvas protection as well as connecting rods of the mechanism of folding of the wings, also 2 bars of maintaining security...Unlike some affimations, bath-shower at each arrival of aircraft was not mandatory, reason why I brought a some chipping to the beast. Not to be confused, this is not mud (go on a P.A.!!) in fact the wheels are clean. I finish my chatter on the media (this is not my cup of tea!) but asked for an exhibition by a fellow Designer, I did a quite exceptional effort... the precious wooden slats are glued one by one...
(but not kidding!)
Finally it is an AD6 that the next war would be given the name A1...
pxqquf.jpg
om2i95.jpg
62tphc.jpg
attml1.jpg
5ep468.jpg
4bo4u7.jpg
tsxxtr.jpg
xhzs5f.jpg
  • Like 2

That is an impressive looking model.

The weathering is nicely done, especially the exhaust staining.

Great work!

Amazingly skilled modelling and pro level photography!

Those three first pics could just as well have been shot on the deck of a flattop!

And the model itself shows what can be done with an old kit in skilled hands.

Bravo!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks to you all
Monogram always was a reference reproductive about the soundness of the lines, and this is true with the recent other manufacturers, amply justifying the lack of improvements...As the brush stroke, that is the best time of installation... then... glad you like it!

Paul

Hi Paul,

i like it so worn.

Many pictures show well "worked up" aircrafts on korean war carriers , i feel you well captured the beast

Thank you

not hard to imagine the dirt of exhausts of the Wright of the SKY, as those suggested above escape a beautiful plume black oil burned, if visible preserved skyraiders are kindly nicknamed the "phantom propeller"... a sign of good health of the wright who had a tendency to tighten if he bathed in a surplus of oil!
the skyraider? : it coughs, it spits, it oozes, but what beast!