1:48 Hasegawa F-8E Crusader MiG-killer

• 2 weeks later...

Oh now that is just so nice!!!!!!

Top bit of modelling there. Hats off. Quick question if I may. What did you use for the light gull gray?

Cheers

Jonners

Thanks, Jonners! I used Model Master Flat Gull Grey, FS # 36440

Very nice job! I like the Hasegawa F-8 kit a lot, but it does have some "Passive-Agressive" assembly characteristics regarding the wing installation with the flaps in anything other than the fully down configuration.

Would love to see them re-tool this kit as an early version. No shortage of cool paint schemes out there; just like the F3H Demon.

Instrument panel looks great, and of course i love the extended boarding step!

Fly Navy!!

david

Thanks for your comments, David! You are correct, the wing and flaps of the Hasegawa Crusader can be demanding. This was my first Hasegawa F-8, and I had such a difficult time with fit on the wing and flaps that on the second one I built, I decided to go with flap/droops up, and wing down.

Great job! I watched these beauties shoot touch and goes on the Cubi Air Station runway in 1968- 69, and loved watching that wing move up and down. Someone shot a video of an F-8 landing with wings folded- ! I especially like your detailing in the cockpit- looks very realistic!

• Like 1

I would take it to the contest.

Nothing wrong with it.

Indeed an prize winner.

Regards,

Dirk

The Netherlands.

• Like 1

Oh now that is just so nice!!!!!!

Top bit of modelling there. Hats off. Quick question if I may. What did you use for the light gull gray?

Cheers

Jonners

Thanks for your comments, Jonners. I used Model Master enamel Flat Gull Grey, FS 36440 for the topside color.