'Bonzo' The Dogs do-dahs.

...with apologies to Viv Stanshall for the title, I couldn't resist it! If you don't know what I'm talking about see HERE

This is the brilliant Wingnut Wings Sopwith Snipe with Pheon Decals 'Post War Sopwith Snipes'.

There is a build log Here so I won't repeat anything but to say that The Snipe was a late first world war fighter that went on to serve in the Post War RAF.

'Bonzo' was entered by RAF Halton in the 1923 Duke of Yorks Air race, as part of the winning team. A Bristol Fighter and Avro 504 were the other team members. It is one of many options on the Pheon sheet, which you will want to treat yourself to if you either plan to get, or already have in the stash.

Here she is, one of the most enjoyable builds I've had in a while, I hope you like her.

Snipe-14_zps260e4398.jpg

Snipe44_zps8c57d682.jpg

Snipe45_zpsc3b50595.jpg

Snipe46_zps20acbfae.jpg

Snipe47_zpsae80ce8f.jpg

Snipe48_zpsc7d48e14.jpg

Snipe49_zps5eec8b56.jpg

I bought a lovely resin pilot figure from the MDC stand a this years Cosford show, and have painted him up to stand with the Snipe.

Snipe50_zps4e3b6ffb.jpg

This is a bit scary because the photo is bigger than than the real life size of the pilot. Ready to climb in and fly!

Snipe51_zpsc2659511.jpg

Thanks for looking.

John

• Like 5

What a beautiful aircraft :thumbsup:

brilliant,lovely build

I know it's off topic Dave, but I love greyhounds. Had a beautiful bitch, Sue, for 12 years.

Ruddy gorgeous mate, it always amazes me how easy you make it look building these fiddly machines with all their rigging. I like the simplicity of the scheme too :)

It's sickening!!!!

A bit like the thread title.

Chris.

Its a Churchill Insurance Dog moment from me: "OH YES,OH YES, OH YES!!!"

Just lovely.

Im planning on the early version for Pheons stand at Telford, so this is inspiration indeed. And if no one's mentioned it - I think you have undersold your figure painting skills too, cus The Urban Spaceman looks pretty damn fine too :)

Jonners, admringly.

really lovely job!!!! :thumbsup::clap:

I do so much want to get a Wing Nut model, seeing all the greats builds it just looks like I have to do it.

Now just need the time to build one!!!!!

Totally, gobsmackingly , utterly ,brilliant !!!, Its seeing work like that that makes me try a little bit harder ;