XB-70A Valkyrie

Right then, it's been a while hasn't it? I'm still kicking though, and this is the results of the last twelve hours modelling time I've been able to grab over the past few months:

webb1-1_zpsb9969e46.jpg

webb2-1_zpsbffdcfe6.jpg

webb3-1_zpsba2dd58e.jpg

webb4-1_zpsc6040c00.jpg

It's the CyberHobby 1/200th scale kit, so it's not very big actually:

webb5-1_zps8e7cc8b7.jpg

Mind you, it's still a lot bigger than the Vulcan I did in the same scale:

webb6_zpsc3c89132.jpg

Makes you realise how big the real thing must have been, eh?

The build report should be appearing in Spence's Cold War Modeller Magazine if he decides he likes it enough...

Onwards and upwards,

Dean

Edited by Deanflyer
  • Like 2

Upon first reading your thread & looking at the photos I thought, 'Wow, you did a cracking job with the AMT/Italeri kit, that must have been the reason why we ain't seen you around for a while.' I guess by the fact you took 12 hours to produce such a lovely example the kit went together well? Also testament to your talents I never realised it was in 200th scale rather than 72nd.

Thanks for the comments folks, nice to see that some of you thought it was larger than it actually is - that's what I was aiming for in the photos!

Cheers,

Dean

Cracking build Dean .

Thats a lot more shelf friendly than the Italeri kit .

I think thats the first time Ive ever seen a scale comparison with the Vulcan....Wow.....not often you think of the Vulcan being called Tiny Tin Triangle .

That is a monster........and Ive got one in the stash......you listening Tango Fox :evil_laugh:

Andy

Cracking build and finish. Really don't appreciate how big this was until you one parked next to the old tin triangle. :goodjob:

Wow! I knew it was big, but next to the Vulcan it looks massive...............lovely piece of work

This is one of those aircraft that most people should have heard of, size speed appearance etc, yet remains remains a bit of a mystery.

To give you an appreciation of the size see attached clip from YouTube;

http://m.youtube.com/?reload=3&rdm=mokcsg152#/watch?v=psUvAUw37D8

So thanks Dean for reminding us what a beautiful aircraft it was and for those of us with this in 1/72 in the stash the question remains where the hell do I keep it when I build it ?

Cheers Pat