Sea Harrier resin cockpit?

James Quinton

I have the Pavla set and intend to use it with my ESCI (now released by Italeri), kits. I can't speak to if it will be too wide for the Hasegawa kit, but even if it is, I would suspect that a little sanding of the cockpit tub sidewalls and possibly the cockpit area within the Hasegawa fuselage would solve that issue. I don't think that we will see a set specific to the Hasegawa kit anytime soon, sadly. :(

Seats should not be a problem: pavla and neomega have them in resin and aeroclub did one in white metal. Airwaves might have had too.

Regarding the use of the pavla parts in the hasegawa kit, the main concern would be for the part that includes the instrument panel and its coaming. This is the one that in particular looks too wide the fit the kit and even sanding the fuselage inner sides would not be enough as a wide coaming would prevet the fit of the windscreen.

I'll do a test in the next few days and report back with what I find.

is there any good reason to choose the Hasegawa over the new Airfix one? The Hase has the nice sea eagles which the Italeri hasn't, but otherwise? Or is the idea to "upgrade" a kit in the stash, without buying a new kit?

Alex

is there any good reason to choose the Hasegawa over the new Airfix one? The Hase has the nice sea eagles which the Italeri hasn't, but otherwise? Or is the idea to "upgrade" a kit in the stash, without buying a new kit?

Alex

The original poster said he has the Hasegawa kit, so it makes sense to want to upgrade this.

Between the hasegawa and the airfix one, I'd choose the Italeri/Esci one all the times. It's much better than both ! The pavla parts can be made to fit this one, although this means some work for the rear part of the cockpit

There's been plenty times I've gone with what I've got in the stash rather than gone to get the better kit. It costs less & I enjoy the oportunity to add some extra detail through scratchbuilding. Why not give it a go with this one James? With the pilot installed & canopy shut there isn't a lot else can be seen in the 'pit if you are not happy with what you do & at least the basic tub & panel is there as a starting point.