Martin B-57G Canberra, Airfix 1/48

My compliments on type, construction and the work that has been done in the paintshop.

Regards,

Dirk

• Like 1

Wow, there's so much details on your model. Absolutely love the canopy, rivets, wing speed brakes and those red covers and streamers.

Did you modify the nose wheel gear for the aircraft to tilt nose down? I have not reach the stage of adding landing gears to my model and wondering if I should shorten the nose gear.

Wow, there's so much details on your model. Absolutely love the canopy, rivets, wing speed brakes and those red covers and streamers.

Did you modify the nose wheel gear for the aircraft to tilt nose down? I have not reach the stage of adding landing gears to my model and wondering if I should shorten the nose gear.

I used the modified Aires wheel bays ( http://www.aires.cz/wheel-bays/english-electric-canberra-wheel-bays/ ), with this set there's no need to shorten the nose gear leg.

Great looking aircraft! :)

Mind sharing the colour shades used? To me, they look brilliant! And I have a B-57 in the stash for the summer B)

Gunze C colors 303, 309, 310..

Looking forward to see both the Canberras when finished:)

And thanks for the comments!

Andrew

That is a beautiful model of the B-57G! Makes me want to get out my old 1/72nd scale Italeri B-57G and finally finish it. The Canberra did sport some odd noses on occasion, didn't it?

Regards,

Jason

Stunning job mate! One of the most good looking Canberras ever seen!

Would you be so kind enumerating the mods needed to depict a proper 57G please?

Congrats!

Oscar

Hi Oscar

Take a look at my G build, it's what Andrew used as reference for his build, be prepared for a lot of work though! http://ipmscanberrasig.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/8621422-1-48-airfix-classic-airframes-13-bs-b-57g-

John