Spitfire Mk.IXc

Your painting skills are superb! That is an excellent piece of work.

Just one question though. After you pre-shaded the upper surfaces, you then spray the complete upper surfaces with the lighter colour, in this case the grey. Surely you would have lost some definition of the pre-shading before you then cover the appropriate areas in green? In other words, the pre-shading should look more defined under the grey than the green, but it doesn't. How did you achieve that?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Beautiful job you are doing. I have 2 in my stash, 1 of them with the brassin cockpit. Salivating at the prospect of doing them:-))

nVTS3oA.jpg

My next idea-early Mk.IXc from Polish Combat Team (C flight of 145 sqn RAF) Tunisia 1943.

pft-18.jpg

• Like 1

Awesom build, congrats for the great work. Regarding your future project of the Stanislaw Skalsky Circus ZX-6 Spit MkIXc. I got the decals from Aeromaster Spitfires at War Part II 48-210. And the ZX-6 is in black color with white edges. The latest Tamiya Spitfire Mk IXc 1/32 is coming with this version but the ZX-6 is blue with white edges.

Do you have an idea of which of both a colors is the accurate one?

Awesom build, congrats for the great work. Regarding your future project of the Stanislaw Skalsky Circus ZX-6 Spit MkIXc. I got the decals from Aeromaster Spitfires at War Part II 48-210. And the ZX-6 is in black color with white edges. The latest Tamiya Spitfire Mk IXc 1/32 is coming with this version but the ZX-6 is blue with white edges.

Do you have an idea of which of both a colors is the accurate one?

In my oppinion all Mk.IX (ZX- from 0 to 10) from Skalskis Circus (or C flight of 145 sqn, or Polish Combat Team) have blue color with white edges.

skalski8.jpg

Bigger discrepancy is description of camuflage paint. ZX-1 and 4 has Desert Scheme painting but some sources suggests ZX-6 has Temperate Scheme paiting beacause on b/w photos is darker than other Mk.IX.

pft-18.jpg

http://pspbis.fm.interia.pl/cs.htm

Edited by JBZ

• 2 weeks later...

In my oppinion all Mk.IX (ZX- from 0 to 10) from Skalskis Circus (or C flight of 145 sqn, or Polish Combat Team) have blue color with white edges.

To be honest, Wyszkowski's ZX-o has much darker letters than the other planes. Black?

pft-16.jpg

Speaking about the others - the colour photo shows clearly light blue. But on these black and white photos some letters look like just white outline, without colourful interior. But this is just supposition, with no proof.

"Pat" model is amazing. Very good job. The only complain I have are bombs - they lack weathering. Seriously.

Edited by GrzeM
  • Like 1

That`s right, they look pretty dark if not black. Not the same collor than Skawlski ZX-6 though. Well having the right paint for everysingle aircraft in the squdron seems to be too perfect, especially considering the desperate days back then trying to keep the ships operational.

Bombs have rarely been "new" due to way they were stored and transported. Most photos show something like this:

Mosquito-BIV-02-px800.jpg

BTW, bmb tails were clean, as these were stored in basket-like containers. But the corpses - were just put on the ground.
Armourers_loading_bombs_onto_a_Spitfire_

GeoffreyPageSpitfire.jpg

• Like 1