Spitfire Mk.IXc

My current building model-eduard's Spitfire from 302 sqn of Polish Air Force in 1944.

spitfirelfixcwxdpatmh71.jpg

spitfiremkixwxd302sdnpo.jpg

yXfrDSW.jpg

with resin cockpit

tCc0aSs.jpg

bQQ5Ezj.jpg

and exhausts

VEgN60A.jpg

Preshading,

lm8IMwa.jpg

first

VnvM7oA.jpg

and second coat of Medium Sea Grey

S1iN7U8.jpg

nL5qy2P.jpg

Edited by JBZ
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My current building model-eduard's Spitfire from 302 sqn of Polish Air Force in 1944.

spitfirelfixcwxdpatmh71.jpg

spitfiremkixwxd302sdnpo.jpg

yXfrDSW.jpg

with resin cockpit

tCc0aSs.jpg

bQQ5Ezj.jpg

and exhausts

VEgN60A.jpg

Preshading,

lm8IMwa.jpg

first

VnvM7oA.jpg

and second coat of Medium Sea Grey

S1iN7U8.jpg

nL5qy2P.jpg

Hello,

First of all great start its really looking the part !! When doing the pre shading what colour do you use and how thinned is it ? Also when you spray it on at what pressure on the compressor do you spray it at ? When it comes to you're coats how thin are they and what pressure again ?

Lovely job

Jammur

• Like 1

When doing the pre shading what colour do you use and how thinned is it ? Also when you spray it on at what pressure on the compressor do you spray it at ? When it comes to you're coats how thin are they and what pressure again ?

My favourite preshading-black or greyish black for panel lines and rusty brown for rivet lines.

I do not know the pressure because my compressor has not manometer.

I painted two times for two or three coats semitransparent coats. First time only for surfaces between lines and second for all.

Quick photo of first decals. Decals are not perfect because after apliccation are very difficult to move.

KBn0qzC.jpg

• Like 4

I think you might have your yellow leading edge stripes a bit far inboard though.

Eduards instruction shows WX D with invasions stripes on wigs. On photo in first post plane havn't stripes on wings so size of yellow edges is copied from others version of instruction.

• 2 weeks later...