1:350 - BB63, USS Missouri - (photos reloaded)

Ok, here's another completed last year.

This is the Tamiya kit, Eduard photo etch set, White Ensign 20mm upgrade set, and L'Arsenal figures.

Anyone in the IPMS Battleship SIG may be familiar with this model, and she has been out to three or four shows in the last year.

011-1_zps12027a78.jpg

001-1_zpseaf1fac1.jpg

014-1_zps0b8e2d3d.jpg

028_zps5d453f59.jpg

023-1_zpsccaf2447.jpg

P1010049_zpsa8a9fa9e.jpg

P1010048_zps31fb4dd3.jpg

P1010050_zps8584e27e.jpg

Edited by Rob 1
  • Like 8

Rob!! Sorry No pic`s up, tried to open in new tab but comes up with error 203 (or 206) forbidden. Just a heads up.

Thanks for the kind comments.

I like to put signs of life on my ships, and adding crew is the fun part, and the finale to completing the build.

004cropped_zps516b5765.jpg

Edited by Rob 1
  • Like 2

Hello Rob 1, that is really neat. I agree about the figures adding life, I must admit I have not plucked up courage to do the same with mine yet. Maybe one day.

All the best, Ray

Excellent model Rob, this is in my stash for the future but it's nice to see it built. Did you make the blast bags yourself?

Also, to all you ship oracles out there l'arsenal have a correction kit for the fo'csle, what's wrong with the Tamiya item?

Really nice, an inspiration for mine, and you are bloody right not to do that @#$%$#@!! Measure 32 camouflage.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.

The blast bags are moulded onto the base of the gun barrel parts. They are nicely formed and look good, but the down side is there's no option to have the barrels elevated (without a fairly major scratch mod of the blast bags). One poor feature with the barrels is they are solid at the muzzle end, so all the ends needed drilling out!

I also saw the replacement foc'sle, but it was a bit costly, and not sure myself what the issue was the original one so I decided to stick with the kit one.

With the camo scheme, I went with the Measure 22 partly as I prefer the claen look of it, but also because all her action at Iwo Jima, Okinawa and Japan in '45 was when wearing the Measure 22 scheme.

• Like 1

Very nice build Rob1 mate.

Have this in the stash with resin secondry turrets and lion roar PE fret etc.

Nice finish for the end of the war.

Did you use the L'Arsenal for the bow deck or is that how it comes in the kit.

What ever its stunning work :thumbsup:

Cheers foxy :coolio:

Hiya Frank, Rob hasn't used the l'arsenal foredeck, what's the difference between them as I haven't started my bb63 yet and would consider the expense if it was necessary? I'll be building mine from the same time frame. Jock

Well Jock mate on the foredeck, I do not think its ness as the kit captures this ship in its time, it can be altered if needs be.

I for one will be doing it as it comes, but with a blue wood deck from pontos and as stated with lots of add ons.'thats if I ever get started on it'. :winkgrin:

Mind you those clear plastic aircraft are not much fun to do, having done others, I can aplaud the finish on thease here :clap:

But this build really shows the ship at its best.

Again a very nice build indeed.

Cheers foxy :coolio:

I agree Frank, very nice build but I will wait for a bit before starting mine. Artwox blue deck and flyhawk brass.

It's difficult to resist switching builds when you see one in your stash that's been done so nicely. Arkadys Udaloy has me looking at mine and I blame you for the addition of Warspite into my fold! :banghead::thumbsup:

Thanks all.

I recall we discussed the start of our Missouri builds on another forum Frank, and moved on to discussing our Warspite projects, which should be my next topic to post soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...