Dan Air Boeing 737-400 - 100% finished 26/08/13 - New Photos

Hey all

This is my newest model, its a Minicraft Boeing 737-400 of Dan Air. The decals were by Flightpath, they were awful, they exploded in the water. The kit was the Cayman boxing. The red stripe is a dark red, like it should be, but my camera doesn't like red, ask the Corendon 737-800 i took a photo of, it looked purple....

Considering the kit has the Minicraft stamp on it, its not bad, it lacks several details, but its not awful.

This is 99% finished, i just have some smaller decals left, ill post some better photos when its done.

DanAir737-4001_zpse3d07099.jpg

DanAir737-4002_zpsdbcf44ee.jpg

100% Finished 26/08/13

Photos on page 2

Thanks

The white 737-800 in the background is going to be Transavia :-)

Thanks Bradley

Edited by madaboutmodels
  • Like 1

Try taking your pictures outside in the sunlight to see whether it's the flash washing out the red.

The flash isn't on, i try not to take photos of my models with the flash on, it bleaches out the decals, my cameras charging at the moment, so ill take them some point this weekend :-)

I really shouldn't be modelling, i have alevels lol

Looks like you have been busy Bradley. Nice work on what I have seen today! :thumbsup:

Very nice job, don't see many 'Dan Dare' planes......... :thumbsup:

Dave :coolio:

Thanks alot :-)

They are from the past few months, i just didn't get around to uploading them.

Dave, im planning alot of the old Dan Air birds, long before my time, but i love the livery. Im doing an A300 next. :-)

Hi Bradley, I work with couple of lads who used to work for Dan Dare, one objects to the nickname, one doesn't, but that could be 'cos he spent too much time crawling through the fuel tanks.......... :frantic: again, nice kit, looking forward to the next.....

Dave :coolio:

Edited by DaveH
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see 'Desperate Dan' rear it's ugly head again.

I flew back from Gib just a few weeks before it bit the big one ,in one of their -400's.

I wish I had acquired something Dan on the flight ( one of the hosties!) :devil:

It was a sorry sight to see their aircraft marooned at the hangar.

I have worked for a number of airlines that have met a similar end.

The UK lost a lot of airlines in the late 80's early 90's - Orion, BCal, Air Europe, BIA and of course Dan Dare, the last UK airline to fly comets (38) finishing in 1980.

I have had friends and family that have worked for them all, and some more recent victims , like BMI.

I suppose Dan Air BMI and BCal were technically absorbed by BA in the end.

Well done, Bradley!

Looking forward to the transavia boeing

Thanks, the Transavia is only awaiting the company logo's, all the others are done.

Nice to see 'Desperate Dan' rear it's ugly head again.

I flew back from Gib just a few weeks before it bit the big one ,in one of their -400's.

I wish I had acquired something Dan on the flight ( one of the hosties!) :devil:

It was a sorry sight to see their aircraft marooned at the hangar.

I have worked for a number of airlines that have met a similar end.

The UK lost a lot of airlines in the late 80's early 90's - Orion, BCal, Air Europe, BIA and of course Dan Dare, the last UK airline to fly comets (38) finishing in 1980.

I have had friends and family that have worked for them all, and some more recent victims , like BMI.

I suppose Dan Air BMI and BCal were technically absorbed by BA in the end.

Thanks, we lost a lot of Airlines around that time, 2008 didn't do britian any favors either, one day it will be British Airways VS Easyjet....

Virgin Atlantic and Flybe aren't doing brilliant....

• 2 months later...

Okay, so about two months since the last post and two holidays later i can call this 100% finished. I have finished all the decals and the paint touch ups. The reg above the wing is gone and iv'e got some half decent pictures this time!

So here we go :-)

Enjoy!!

P3046458_zpsb828d770.jpg

P3046460_zps4e0f4848.jpg

P3046457_zpsa09d3729.jpg

P3046456_zps48506338.jpg

Next to a KLM Fokker 100

P3046461_zpsd01a2623.jpg

Next to a Germanwings A319

Thanks

• Like 1

I cant blame you for spraying the white on the dan air, I nearly smashed my recently finished Etendard when trying to hand paint the white, what a horrible colour to brush. Regards