1/48th F/A 18A 'Topgun 70'

Here's my entry, and I'm hoping I can actuallly complete a GB this year. Kit is Hobbyboss and decals are Fightertown Ultimate Hornet Adversaries Pt 1.

File142_zps5efd53c7.jpg

More when I get going...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have lift off...from box shot to current situation. Cockpit done, but I need to add a harness and a few detail bits for the seat. A little colour added to the undercarriage bays, undercarriage legs ready for detail painting, and then as to where I am as of this evening...

001_zps141ff5ea.jpg

003_zpsea359c8f.jpg

004_zpsdd1229c7.jpg

005_zpsaf560027.jpg

006_zps4e6b1e83.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Cracking on this week to meet the deadline. Airframe is together and ready for the wonderful application of Lifecolour cack brown! I dropped the flaps, but to help secure them in place they were drilled and fitted with brass pins which I bent to shape. Feels better now. Just about to go play with the airbrush now :)

001_zps4ca1462b.jpg

Wow, and I thought that I was cutting it fine with the end date. Good idea with the brass pins for the flaps though, could never understand why Hobbyboss give you all the flaps as separate pieces but only hinges for the raised option.

Pete

Wow, and I thought that I was cutting it fine with the end date. Good idea with the brass pins for the flaps though, could never understand why Hobbyboss give you all the flaps as separate pieces but only hinges for the raised option.

Pete

Neither could I Peter, but it gives me something to practice my bodge jobs on!

Lifecolour brown applied, and what a horrible job that was. I'm usually an avid fan of Lifecolour, and I'm using them on my long term big 32nd F18, but this brown was utterly horrible to spray, with massive pigment particles. Totally gummed up one airbrush which is now stripped and soaking. However, here is how it looks now...

001_zps92901e7f.jpg

More paint on later!