Kamov Ka-50 Hokum

Thanks Pappy, I used Xtracolor X628 that I have had for years, FS34226 if memory serves. I also seem to remember seeing somewhere that "Russian Armour green" is a good match. http://www.ipmsstockholm.org/colorcharts/stuff_eng_colorcharts_soviet.htm This is a good site for references, and not just Russian/Soviet either...

I applied the Begemot main decals last night and they have settled down nicely using Micro-Sol & Micro-Set with no adverse effects whatsoever....

001_zps46d1c975.jpg

Next is a large sheet of stencils and weapons markings that are going to test the old eyesight.........

005_zps1c3012be.jpg

Smudge

• Like 1

Now it's coming together and rather splendid it looks too. Using an aerosol for a gloss scheme has to be the best way to go. We don't get Halfords paints down here in SA but through the model car guys, I found that Dulux Duco GP Primer is a very good alternative. They do a very nice Satin Black which when shot throgh an airbrush gives very good results.

I do wish my Wessex was progressing as quickly but I'm still tooling about too much!

Colin