Kamov Ka-50 Hokum

Shock horror!! I've made a start..............

Using the Eduard etch that came with the kit I have put some detail into the cockpit........

001_zpsca9c4831.jpg

And given it a quick coat of paint, I'm not too bothered with a detailed "office" as I intend to have it all buttoned up and don't expect to be able to see too much.

003_zps5d8b0f14.jpg

I'm very disappointed with the fit as there are some large gaps in the fuselage and having clamped/cemented it together I used Plasti-card strips over the gaps......

007_zpsd3960b64.jpg

The joint on the tailplane/fuselage is not too good..............

008_zps0a15ade7.jpg

And I have used Plasti-card shims to take up the gap...

009_zps3dc5c42a.jpg

TBC.................Smudge

Ow! I don't think Glencoe could have made as bad a job as that, your salvage method seems to be working, Keep at it mate, it will come together!

Colin

Ow! I don't think Glencoe could have made as bad a job as that, your salvage method seems to be working, Keep at it mate, it will come together!

Colin

I'll hold you to that..........I have had a good look at the remaining bits and cannot see any more hidden horrors.........Famous last words spring to mind now.............Smudge

I won't tell you what I did Nigel, but it was more than wincing...................

I have heard that the cockpit glazing is a bit undersized on this kit,so I used Plasti-card to line the cockpit sills and it fits a lot better....

001_zps1b1f4457.jpg

003_zpsb9410bf5.jpg

It's coming together albeit with a fight, although I can't get it out of my head that it looks like something out of Terminator............

005_zps5906f4f4.jpg

Smudge

It does look a bit like an Hunter-Killer now you mention it, just not as cool. ;) Still a cool looking helicopter tho. I'm following your build with interest Smudge. :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Thanks Danny, I use very worn and very wet,wet & dry, then medium/fine Micro-mesh. There is usually some detail loss, but if I go carefully it is kept to the minimum and I can re-scribe if needed......I have found that the Plasti-card is so thin it runs into the gaps and fills them and I don't like putty type fillers very much..........................Smudge

Looking cool smudge, like the little touches like the handles and that rotor head is cracking! :coolio:

Cheers for the tip on the plasti-card, will have to remember that one I hate filling seams and can never seem to get it right! :raincloud:

Hi Smudge. The main rotorhead is looking good, they are fiddly those contrat rotorheads but well worth the effort of correcting and adding extra detail. I don't have an Aligator in the stash, I may after seeing your build just have to invest in one!

Colin

hcoptergb_zps20a09ba41_zpsfbccc826.jpg

Thanks Colin, I'm going to add some pipework to the head next and some on the gun as well......We are away from home at the moment, visiting the relatives (annual obligations) but I have managed to take the model with me this time, my wifes's Aunt is giving me some serious looks working on her highly polished table, even with a blanket and half a dozen newspapers on it............It is a decent kit, although the fit is not great, but to a man of your calibre that should be no problem...............Smudge