1/48th hasegawa westland seaking har-FInished

Hi

Here is my entry,

This was bought part built but not in a good condition so Iv had to strip it back and start again.

I started this before I realised the group build was about to start so if its not elagable then please let me know

this is what I started with after breaking it apart

DSCN1945_zpsf0e81fd0.jpg

here is box and spruces

DSCN1950_zpsa1147f62.jpg

and this is where Im at and will leave it until build starts officially

DSCN1947_zps11082841.jpg

I have also got the heritage aviation seats and plan to detail the interior as best I can

Edited by delta7

Wow thats yellow!! good choice of subject.

Given you've probably unbuilt more than you've rebuilt I guess you're at over 100% still to go so it must be eligible right.....

Edited by SaintsPhil

inside covered and some detail added

DSCN1949_zps73754d23.jpg

some parts sprayed halfords grey primer in my hi-tech spray booth

DSCN1951_zps07d847ed.jpg

I now need to scratch up some details like life rafts and fire extinguishers

Edited by delta7

just a small update - eduard etch into the pit and some panels intto the navigators station

DSCN1953_zpsedae1532.jpg

DSCN1955_zpscdc1931b.jpg

started on the seats and realisd I had made the internal divisions wrong so will fix this and fit the cabin seats next

Nice progress. (Top spray booth, too; must have cost you a mint!)

That view forward past the broom cupboard into the cockpit looks especially realistic (I flew Sea Kings for 8 years, and instinctively that looks pretty much spot on - though that LHS pilot must be a big beefy bloke!).

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU

yes the pilots are from the hasegawa set but look a bit big

here is an update on the progress so far with the insides, seats are in and nav station complete. Iv started painting the crew and have more scratch work to do

be9a809e-897d-4732-a670-1af0f674b1a6_zps

DSCN1968_zps7acd56a0.jpg

Edited by delta7

-thats going to be a nicely done "Egg Whisk"

looking forward to this

• 2 weeks later...

main hull together

I used a new filler for the first time and Im pleased with how it went on, easy to smooth with just a wet finger. Ill see how it dries and paints tho before throwing out my squadron green,

Fit was very good and now Im in a bit of a quandry- the plastic is quiet soft and the panel lines and rivet detail isnt great so Im definatly going to gently rescribe the prominent panel lines but Im unsure about the rivets.

In some pictures of the real seaking they are very noticable. I have a rivetter but havnt really used it so it looks like it would be a lot of work . The other option is the decal rivets but I havnt used these but they look good on shark64s huey build. Ill have a wee think about best way forward but any suggestions/opinions would be appreciated

DSCN1990_zps177fa463.jpg

DSCN1988_zpscf5d9bb0.jpg

Not much to report, I have sanded the seams rescribed the panel lines, started the wheel wells and have ordered rivets, I am on holiday now so will continue in a few weeks , good luck to all others in this group build, some great work on show

• 3 weeks later...

Back from summer holidays and a small update.

I have attatched the canopy , and I had no real problems with fit, and masked it up

DSCN2376_zps9c3728d2.jpg

I have started attatching the dozens of eduard etch grills and panels.

DSCN2375_zps93c9de8a.jpg

Cant believe the progress made in the group builds since last post , excellent work all round and some completed :goodjob:

• 2 weeks later...

Progress has been slow, the photoetch took ages . Now primed and seams sorted

DSCN2385_zps032908d2.jpg

I used halfords white primer at first as I have read that yellow shows better over white ?!? but it was crap and didnt spray well so had to sand some bits down again and then reprimed with their grey which as always worked well

All other ancilleries are primed and drying, so next step is to check panel lines then apply rivets, and put proper colours on