Trumpeter King Tiger

Thanks chaps

Hi Matt, finally got hold of the Voyager PE16003 set, paid £18 for it including postage from Australia. Didn't think that was too bad :)

Good price for what you get. Wasn't BNA model world by any chance?

Not much progress to report. My airbrush decided to call it quits last week, blowing it's seals :( I've been working on some of the smaller details for the turret while I wait for a replacement to arrive. I've added the gunner and commander's headphones, the MP40 and the scissor rangefinder. I've also been trying to tidy up some of the paint work as i'm not 100% happy with it. Sorry for the poor photos, couldn't be bothered to setup the photo booth!

P1000211%20Custom.jpg

P1000219%20Custom.jpg

One upside of the airbrush being out of action is that I finally got this little beast built. Nice kit, if a little over engineered.

P1000220%20Custom.jpg

Cheers

Matt

• Like 9

Hi Matt, yes it was BNA, been getting a lot of my stuff for my KT from them. Great prices and delivery doesn't take too long either considering it's the other side of the world! They do stuff on ebay but I always go to their website as it's slightly cheaper as they don't add ebay fees onto the prices :)

• Like 1

Thanks Chaps :)

Hi Matt, yes it was BNA, been getting a lot of my stuff for my KT from them. Great prices and delivery doesn't take too long either considering it's the other side of the world! They do stuff on ebay but I always go to their website as it's slightly cheaper as they don't add ebay fees onto the prices :)

Same here Martin, I've sourced quite a lot of aftermarket from them. They usually always have what I'm looking for and the prices are very competitive. The Voyager PE set is very nice, not quite as detailed as Aber's but then it is a third of the price!

Stunning fella, the turret is a real gem, waiting for the next update.

Dan

Cheers Dan, I'm trying to make the turret one of the main focal points of the interior. I'm hoping adding the turret shell won't detract from it too much

Beautiful work once again Matt, love the headphones.

Cheers Julian. Those headphones were a real pig to build!

Well, the new airbrush has arrived and I'm back painting again. I've also accquired some personal items, mess tins, gas mask canisters, tools etc to fill out some of the empty spaces around the tank. Hopefully I should have another update by the end of the week.

Cheers

Matt

• Like 2

Cheers guys

Hi Matt,

Your build looks stunning! Where do you get those personal items from, are they purchased or scratchbuild? Thanks!

Regards, Niek

I sourced them from a few different places. I found the MP40 on ebay which came with ammo pouches. The rangefinder came with the AFV Modeller main gun sight. The headphones are from the Aber German panzer troop's accessories (#16011) with scratch built ear pads. The other bits and pieces to be added are from Dragon's German infantry equipment set (#3824) and a diorama company from Germany. I can't recall the website at the moment but will try and find it!

Cheers

Matt

• Like 2

Hi guys,

Managed to get some more work done on this. The turret interior has been painted.

P1000224%20Custom.jpg

I didn't spend too much time here as most of it cannot be seen anyway...

P1000234%20Custom.jpg

It took a few clamps and a fair amount of tape to close the turret but it is all glued together now

P1000226%20Custom.jpg

So, a few photos of everything assembled.

P1000236%20Custom.jpg

P1000240%20Custom.jpg

P1000241%20Custom.jpg

P1000254%20Custom.jpg

P1000252%20Custom.jpg

I can finally say the the interior is all but finished! :yahoo: :yahoo:

Cheers

Matt

• Like 11