Jump to content

Airbrush/Compressor Connector Question

Recommended Posts


I need to connect an Iwata Revolution airbrush (HP-TR2) to my Revell Standard Class compressor. Can someone tell me what sort of coupling I need? I'm possibly being slightly dim, but it doesn't seem to be obvious how the advertised sizes relate to the fittings. For example, the hose I have for the airbrush claims to have 1/8th inch connectors and fits the airbrush quite happily, but, whichever way I measure it, it seems much larger than 1/8th inch - the internal diameter of the threaded female connector is about 3/8th inch by my reckoning.



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Revell compressors typically have a 1/4" male outlet - this will measure about 13mm outside diameter, so you most likley need a 1/4" female to 1/8" male connector like this.

Most Revell compressors are supplied with a brass step down connector fitted to the outlet to allow Badger hoses to be used with them (5mm outside diameter) - if this is the case, just remove this & fit a 1/4"F > 1/8"M connector.

BSP sizes relate to the pipe the fittings are fitted to rather than the actual fitting itself, hence the confusion....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...