Martin RB-57E, Patricia Lynn

Hi Everyone, thought I`d share some pic`s of my very latest completion, Airfix`s 1/48 b-57 kit

SAM_6183_zps8644e480.jpg

Done as an RB-57E, Det. 1, 460th Tactical reconnaissance Wing, Ton Son Nhut, Vietnam, 1970

SAM_6184_zpsc6c51008.jpg

Decals from Xtradecal X44077 sheet

SAM_6185_zps8b5dfd5a.jpg

Made a few modifications that I became aware of; reshaped the nose a bit, enlarged the tail-skid...

SAM_6187_zps735e1d26.jpg

modified the tail-cone, reworked the aerial array and added anti collision lights.

SAM_6192_zpsc5676e63.jpg

Also added nav` lights and wiring to the tip tanks, couldn`t find much info on the cockpit layout so fitted the crew to hide lack of detail

SAM_6195_zpsb4165d09.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at, Cheers Russ

• Like 7

Wow, this one is really oustanding, Russ ! A beautifully-done replica of this especially fascinating version of the B-57.

This Airfix kit looks like it is very well done and it must be an impressive and eye-catching model at this scale and in this scheme.

Mike

• Like 1

I never liked neither B-57 nor its models.

You've changed my mind, Russ!

And I especially appreciate the way you did it - with the black shades.

Thank you for your job!

• Like 1

Glad i've seen that.

I'm building that kit myself and wasn't sure about the tanks on the wing ends. Seeing these pics makes me think i got them somewhere near right! (Fingers crossed).

Lovely finsh on yours.

• Like 1

Another good one Russ - nice to see you building one that's not in my stash! I have the Classic Airframes -B!

• Like 1

Wow, this one is really oustanding, Russ ! A beautifully-done replica of this especially fascinating version of the B-57.

This Airfix kit looks like it is very well done and it must be an impressive and eye-catching model at this scale and in this scheme.

Mike

Cheers Mike, Yes it is a bit on the large side ! it`ll have to languish in the attic for a bit `till I figure out where to put some larger shelves.

Thanks to everyone for your nice comments, really glad you like it !

A cracking model!

You've made what could have been a bland finish really interesting and varied.

Yet another fantastic build. :goodjob:

• 3 weeks later...