GB Chat

Well.... We have two finished builds on the Gallery and the rest seem to be coming along nicely...

What about the rest of you???

Dropped off?, lost interest?, too busy living the life of a rockstar???

Theres only 3 months and a couple days left...

Steve

In the middle of a busy patch at work atm. 12 hour days plus overtime isn't leaving a lot of time for anything really. I have been doing the odd half hour here and there but nothing really to shout about. More just getting parts cleaned up and building sub assemblies. Hope to really get my teeth into things after the 16th when I finally get some free time. Got to get on as the Splendid cats build is coming up too.

Ditto Mark, Ive been transfered over to one of our new sites, a shopping mall, and its as hectic as poo here, but luckily im only 5k's away from home now, instead of 375...

Dont get much time other than the weekends now, and with 2 builds on this GB, the Splendid Cats GB coming up this weekend AND a possible GB on our local modelling site, its all go at the mo... :analintruder:

Steve

At least I can virtual model on here while at work but it's no substitute when you have a build crying out for some love at home. Since I recently got myself my first PE tool things have been made a lot easier on that front. Been building up parts and bagging them up so when it's time to build things should just fall together. Still awaiting some Mike Grant instrument decals to arrive also.

Cheers Steve :D

To be honest after reading Mike's review I'm really surprised no one else has joined in with one yet, can't wait to get my hands on it!

I'm building the Zvezda boxing in the GB!! I was going to upload my build thread this very morning but my PC decided to format my SD card from the camera so no pics!! Ill have to take new ones.

Keep an eye out for the update as there's a few areas to watch out for!

I'm loathe to stop building the MiG I'm working on when it's going so well. Once I've shelved a kit I've got a horrible habit of not coming back to it (As my F-15C, F-4, Sea King, Prince of Wales and E/A-18G gently weep). As soon as I've done the -29 I'll be jumping on my Ka-50 and/or the Mi-24.

• Like 1

Not that I'm planning it for this GB, but does anyone know if the ancient Airfix (or recent Revell) Sea Kings can be built as an Apollo-era SH-3D? (with some modifications obviously).

Or is it better to find the Fujimi kit?

Thanks in advance,

Dermot

• 1 month later...

Good to hear some of you can manage two builds for this GB, sadly I'm falling behind with my Wessex. Not through want of trying, it's other things getting inthe way! Last week I lst the forward portion of ther tailfold, only to find it again once I had robber one from the second kit I had.

Wessex HAS3 arriving this coming week, so progress might be slowed again.

Colin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys.... :bye:

Firstly, my apologies for my conspicuous abscence.

Not without wanting to get it done, but I doubt that I will get to finish my H34. With ending a contract on one site and now starting a new one up again and life, strikes etc getting in the way, i just dont think im going to get finished. Not actually getting much time to sit down at the desk and do some work...

Really sorry chaps...

Steve

Sorry to hear that Steve, I think had you not had the misshap with the BK, you might well have been able to complete one of them. No reason not to complete it and show it off in the Ready For Inspection pages.

Good luck with the new site job.

Colin

Sorry to hear that Steve, I think had you not had the misshap with the BK, you might well have been able to complete one of them. No reason not to complete it and show it off in the Ready For Inspection pages.

Good luck with the new site job.

Colin

Thats the plan Colin.. might take a few days longer but ill display it on the completed pages.

Steve

It is with great regret that I won't have time to finish my entry to the GB before the 8th. Life has gotten in the way too much over the summer and I will post in the ready for inspection once she is completed. I would like to thank the hosts, everyone who has participated and everyone who has followed the build. I have really enjoyed this GB and will hopefully be more successful in future GB's.

Edited by snapper_city

I think I am going to be the same, although I won't give up before the deadline. Still got the canopies to paint and attach on two Wessex and decaling of the Belvedere.

I'm am hoping to finish the Belvedere by the deadline though; I just don't have the time to take and process images to show during the build anymore. Should have them for the Gallery though afterwards.

Apologies to all

Mike

OK guys. it's 8pm on Friday evening, i've picked up a few problems, so I don't see anyway I can do justice to my entry before the deadline tomorrow evening. So I'm going to say enough is enough and bale. My apologies to all the GB entrants and good luck to the remaining builds.

Colin

With at least two very nice builds so close to being finished, could a week extension be of help? And be ok with the rules? Just a thought.

Hi Jorgen. A week would be just the ticket but I don't see a rule bend. I could be wrong.

Colin

Completed my last 3 Wessex with 10 minutes to spare! :poo:

There are a few minor requirements to be finalised but I'm happy just to get them done

I'll start taking photos and writing up the relevant threads now

cheers

Mike

The gallery looks ripe for a poll, there's some great stuff in there. Congrats to the finishers!

(I may not have finished, though that's probably the most modelling I've done in the least time, but I shall get mine done shortly, thanks for the encouragement and comments!)

W