GB Chat

neh neh ne neh neh....

Im first... :analintruder:

Mish, I saw this topic header and nearly had a whopsie, I thought the GB had started already... hehe.

(Im on leave and have nothing better to do :thumbsup: )

Steve

Edited by MAD STEVE

When I put my name down for this GB I was putting forward my partly started very old Frog Wessex kit. I've had a look at it over the past week and I may be over the 25% started rule. I'll post my pics of where the kit/model is so far and ask you all to be the judge as to whether I can carry on or make another choice.

Colin

I can't remember, did I sign up for this one :mental:? I have a couple of Gazelles but don't know if they are for this GB or the obsolete kit GB.

:clif:

One for each GB then.

Colin

Hello everyone,

Sorry, I have been on leave for the past week and only landed back at Heathrow this morning. For the South Africans amongst you ... I finished my 10th Comrades last weekend, finally got my green number!!!!

I will look through all the posts I have missed and respond as required. But in the meantime, get those kits out the stash and get ready for the 8th.

Metallicus? Are you out there?

Thanks

Gary

Hello everyone,

Sorry, I have been on leave for the past week and only landed back at Heathrow this morning. For the South Africans amongst you ... I finished my 10th Comrades last weekend, finally got my green number!!!!

Thanks

Gary

Gary, how wude....

Travelled all the way to the dark continent and didnt even come visit any of us.... :analintruder:

Congratulations on the Comrades, once is an amazing feat, but 10 times!!! well done man.

Steve

So should I build one of my eight(!)* Lynx kits, or the Westland Scout, or the Wessex, or the Chinook?

* Four are spares, because Hobbyboss didn't include the right bits in every kit.

So should I build one of my eight(!)* Lynx kits, or the Westland Scout, or the Wessex, or the Chinook?

Go for the Chinook!

I've looked through the stash and can't make up my mind.

Found the Italeri OH-58D, Italeri AB-212, Academy CH-46E or the Skunk Models HH-60J (all 1/48)

The HH-60J is maybe a little bit too much for me!

What would U build???

I woke up this morning, yawned, stretched, rubbed the sleep out my eyes, looked at my watch to make sure I hadn't woken up too early and guess what? The date on my watch is 8thJune!!!!

The GB has been open for 7 hours and 20 something minutes.

Let building commence!!!!!!!

Enjoy yourselves guys/gals.

Gary

• Like 1

Am I the only person not building with etch and resin add ons?

Seems I'll have to pull my socks up then hey...

Steve

Not necessarily, They can enhance a build but if its not going to be seen its almost what's the point? AM bits can long out a project to the point where you start to loose interest and the kit ends up on the shelf of doom. I have kits where I have so much PE & resin I feel almost scared to tackle the beast. Still awaiting modelling skill upgrade...

Edited by snapper_city

Agreed, most of the bikes and armor I build have etch sets, but like you said, if it's not visible...

I don't mind, it's been a while since I did some scratching and I did quite a bit today and had actually forgotten how much fun it can be.

No resin or etched bits on my build Steve! Mainly because they don't exist for the Rotodyne... I'll be happy to be corrected on that though!

There will be several miles of Evergreen strip consumed though :D

Mike

I completely agree about the extra bits scaring me off a build. I have an Eduard bf110 profipack that I dare not start because the etch and part count just scares the life out of me.

The key to a good model, in my mind, is one where the eye is tricked into setting what the builder wants you to see.

The PE I have for my kit almost certainly won't all get used. Just the bits that I think pass the cost/benefit analysis.

Richard

Edited by rwoolven76

not so much worried about the cockpit as it's pretty basic anyway but concerned about rigging the various bits(undercart,rotorhead),had two attempts at riggin things and it was positively shocking!

dave

Edited by fostersdave

Hello everyone,

I will look through all the posts I have missed and respond as required. But in the meantime, get those kits out the stash and get ready for the 8th.

Metallicus? Are you out there?

Thanks

Gary

Congratulations Gary and up run too. I worked with a guy once who used to take a packet of fags along he would lighht up at the bottom of Polly Shorts and then walk up!

Then there was Estienne van ???? who ran it for charity wearing flip flops, he already had a handincap with one foot.

For those not familiar with the Corades Marathon it's a tad longer than a standard one at just over 80 kilometers.

Colin