GB Chat

Wow, this is looking really good. Second day of the GB and we have 26 entries. Good luck to all of you that have already entered.

There is still plenty of time and hopefully more of you will take up the opportunity of joining in.

thanks colin,it did have me wondering

dave

Sorry Dave, I didn't think to explain. Comrades is a 55 mile run held in South Africa. (www.comrades.com). If you run it 10 times you get what is called your green number, which basically means that the race number you have been running under for those 10 runs becomes yours forever. I know, you're asking why would you run 55 miles 10 times for that? There is no rational reason :)

Gary

• Like 1

Would anyone know if there are any after market Hydra 70mm (2.75") rocket packs out there to be had??? In 1:35 of course.

The best I can find is CMK 1:32 here

dragon-kits-dra-3527_lrg-AH-6.jpg

Edited by snapper_city

I have a few kits which I would like to attempt for this GB.

First will be a Belvedere (Anigrand 1:144) to be done in 66 Sqn RAF markings, Borneo 1965/66

belvedere_helicopter_ii_gb_01.jpg

I have a couple of Wessex HC.2's (Anigrand 1:144) which I plan to convert to Royal Navy versions. One to a Wessex 1 and the other to a Wessex 5.

wessex_helicopter_ii_gb_1.jpg

These will be my contribution to this groupbuild.

cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the GB. Please start a build thread within the GB forum so that we can see these builds unfold. All I can say is your eyesight must be a lot better than mine. I'm starting to struggle with 1/72, and judging by the 1p for scale, those are tiny.

Gary

There are a lot of interesting and good builds going on in this GB. Thanks to everyone who has joined in, hopefully more BMers will follow your example and join in.

As a GB host one of my duties is to keep an eye on the builds and give words of advice and encouragement. I am trying to live up to that expectation and I would add more comments to the builds but I get frustrated by the 'you are posting too soon after your last post' type message that you get if you try post with some time limit, I'm not sure what it is, of your last post.

I plan to sit down on a Sunday and spend time posting on each build and apart from that it will just be random postings.

So if you have not had a post from me in a while please don't think that I'm neglecting you. I am keeping an eye on all of you :)

Thanks again for taking part in the GB.

Metallicus - if you're out there then come on in dude. :)

Gary

Edited by Gajman

There are a lot of interesting and good builds going on in this GB. Thanks to everyone who has joined in, hopefully more BMers will follow your example and join in.

As a GB host one of my duties is to keep an eye on the builds and give words of advice and encouragement. I am trying to live up to that expectation and I would add more comments to the builds but I get frustrated by the 'you are posting too soon after your last post' type message that you get if you try post with some time limit, I'm not sure what it is, of your last post.

I plan to sit down on a Sunday and spend time posting on each build and apart from that it will just be random postings.

So if you have not had a post from me in a while please don't think that I'm neglecting you. I am keeping an eye on all of you :)

Thanks again for taking part in the GB.

Metallicus - if you're out there then come on in dude. :)

Gary

Well i did offer to help, but CLEARLY, im not good enough... :undecided:

Its fine, ill just go over here and find a box to hide in...

:thumbsup:

Hehe

Steve

I must agree though, some great builds on the GB

• Like 1

Well i did offer to help, but CLEARLY, im not good enough... :undecided:

Its fine, ill just go over here and find a box to hide in...

:thumbsup:

Hehe

Steve

I must agree though, some great builds on the GB

Where?! Sorry Steve, I missed the offer of help. If you're being serious I'd love to have you help out.

Gary

When this GB was first proposed it was going to be hosted by Metalicus. He asked for a helper and I volunteered. I have been unable to get hold of Metalicus. Just to be clear I am not blaming Metalicus, I am giving you the background to this. Things happen in our lives that require us to change priorities and this is after all just a hobby.

In his absence I have been running the GB on my own.

I am pleased to announce that Steve aka Mad Steve has offered to co-host the GB with me. Steve has already been an active member on the GB. Please give him a warm welcome. And Steve, thank you very much for signing up :)

Gary

Edited by Gajman

I am going to have a go I think. I don't know what to make though.

it will be 1:48 scale but I don't know which of my stash to do.

I am trying to get my modelling mojo back.

short list is. Merlin, Wessex, Wasp, Seaking and Whirlwind.

I have to wait for my sciatica to get better first.

I am going to have a go I think. I don't know what to make though.

it will be 1:48 scale but I don't know which of my stash to do.

I am trying to get my modelling mojo back.

short list is. Merlin, Wessex, Wasp, Seaking and Whirlwind.

I have to wait for my sciatica to get better first.

defo wasp

dave

After being presented with the revell reboxing of the zvezda Mil Mi-24v Hind for my birthday this morning by my amazing other half it would be rude not to join in with this GB, that is of course if you'll have me! :)

I'll start a thread in the next couple of days but probably won't start on the build for a week or so as the other part of my bday present is to convert our side shed into a modelling room, and would seem fitting for this to be the first build in my new man-cave. :)

Well to be honest, the other day in the shop, I actually picked one up and looked at it, and put it back down again,( prob because I already had a arm full and I have two choppers and a future gb coming up.)

But I think before we see September, we may see another one or two.

Steve

Argh now I have choices, my brother has just giving me the 1/32 revell lynx! :yahoo:

So look out for 2 build threads, I normally struggle with 1 per group build but let's see if I can keep it up with 2 at the same time, lol. :lol: