Yet another Moebius Black Widow

I just could't resist those Modelzone prices -- £4.99 for this...

kit-o-parts-XL.jpg

Not a complex kit, and intended to to snap together. Nicely detailed, though, even if her legs do seem unfeasibly long! Primer everywhere to start with.

face-unpainted-XL.jpg

The sculpt is extremely good, I reckon. It's got Ms Johansson's turned up nose and full lips rather nicely, and the eyes have slightly raised detail for the iris and lashes, which will help painting no end...

face-part-painted-XL.jpg

She's not actually as yellow as she looks here! Citadel colours mostly, with Elf Flesh as a base, Dwarf Flesh for the lips, and a lot of mix and matching, wash and blusher from chalk pastel.

face-n-hair-XL.jpg

Hair is mostly Vallejo -- I started with "Saddle Brown" overlaid with red "Woodgrain", then progressive dry brushing in lighter colours, finished with a coat of Citadel "Fuegan Orange" wash, because the home team all though she was too much a brunette, not a redhead...

suit-XL.jpg

suit-close-up-XL.jpg

The suite is actually blue, not black or grey. I started by spraying the body matt black, and then used my "carbon fibre" technique of spraying through a fine mesh (salvaged from a bunch of flowers we bought this weekend) to mask a dark blue top-coat, which now has the look of a "technical fabric" of some sort. Actually, though it's hard to see clearly in this image, the effect of the mesh stretching and distorting over her curves makes the fabric effect even more realistic...

nearly-done-X2.jpg

And this is where I'm at tonight. Most of the details painted in Vallejo German Grey with some dry brushing for relief. She's not quite a "weekend project, but not far off. Should be finished tomorrow, I reckon.

bestest,

M.

Edited by cmatthewbacon
  • Like 1

Nice tips there - I also had to indulge myself at that price. I'm not the greatest figure painter but I s'pose we all have to start somewhere!

• 4 months later...

The fabric effect is extremely impressive- I thought it was cast into the figure (strange, I thought, it wasn't there in anyone else's builds I've been looking at...), then reading the text all becomes clear. I shall try and store that somewhere in memory for if i'm doing a large-scale figure.