For my next trick...

I found this on eBay recently, and thought it would not only make a good size comparison next to the Saturn V in the same scale, it would neatly frame von Braun's rocketry achievements.

It hails from the Czech Republic, is made by a company called aRRa Models about which I know nothing, and consists of nine resin parts for the rocket, including four invisible little gribblies at the bottom, presumably representing the steering vanes I saw on the example at Cosford, and ten parts for the launch pad, including four metal springy things.

On first inspection it seems to be cleanly cast, with mounting holes in place in the fuselage and fins for fitting locating pins. I'm not sure when I'll be starting this, but it's here as a heads-up until my eyesight feels up to it.

94a26818-42fe-4719-97e3-2689201b80c5_zps

IMG_3754_zpscf7ae02b.jpg

IMG_3752_zpsa06e47e5.jpg

IMG_3755_zpsca5aa6e6.jpg

The thing is about 10cm. long, so it's not going to get any ambitious camouflage colour scheme in a hurry.

Cheers,

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

A little progress made, following some research from this excellent resource: http://www.v2rocket.com/

I've added some extra detail to the launch platform with card and wire to represent support pads and bracing struts. There was a steel ground plate used beneath these which I'll make up from card, as it should improve the stability of the finished item.

IMG_3772_zpsa10239df.jpg

The rocket itself has been assembled, one or two pinholes in the resin filled, and given a coat of white.

IMG_3773_zpsd1228878.jpg

Put them together and this is the effect.

IMG_3774_zps2708fd74.jpg

I've decided on one of the black and white roll marking schemes used for testing, or maybe one of the black and yellow schemes used on captured examples. At least something as tiny as that won't use too much masking tape.

Cheers,

Paul