Spitfire Mk.Ia early production (1/48)

BOBO

Hi guys,
I am a newbie here in this forum. And I hope in the moment for your help. I have
currently two Spitfire Mk.Ia under construction. (New Airfix model :fraidnot: and Tamiya 1:48 :thumbsup: )

I'm really annoyed about the new model from Airfix. It's amazing how much you can do wrong with a famous British fighter aircraft. (which happens with German models of German and other manufacturers!)

Well, I want to
build two (and more) early "Spity"-types (2-blade propeller, simple antenna floor, flat hood). In the moment I am looking to usable decals (WZ-O-x, FZ-O-x) serial numbers or a complete sheet with British letters (1/48) and serial numbers. Has anyone of you a good recommendation ?

:coolio:

Edited by BOBO

Mk.I, WZ&C, 19 Sqdn, Duxford, May 1939. (Iliad 48003)

Mk.I, K9906, FZ&L, 65 Sqdn [R.S. Tuck] (VP 48006)

I guess the first will fit well. Tuck's (according to Victory Production) is probably later.

I also reckon that the Victory sheet is out of production (if you can get one, grasp it whatever the cost). The Iliad Design sheet may be available.

NPL

Hi guys,

I am a newbie here in this forum. And I hope in the moment for your help. I have currently two Spitfire Mk.Ia under construction. (New Airfix model :fraidnot: and Tamiya 1:48 :thumbsup: )

I'm really annoyed about the new model from Airfix. It's amazing how much you can do wrong with a famous British fighter aircraft. (which happens with German models of German and other manufacturers!)

Well, I want to build two (and more) early "Spity"-types (2-blade propeller, simple antenna floor, flat hood). In the moment I am looking to usable decals (WZ-O-x, FZ-O-x) serial numbers or a complete sheet with British letters (1/48) and serial numbers. Has anyone of you a good recommendation ?

:coolio:

You are right about the German planes. It took literarily decades to get a rather simple form such as the Bf 109 right.

Eduard is on the right track raising the bar. I have not even seen the (in)famous Gaston Marty being out with his red lines. Eduard is not producing a lot of models but when he does do ... (I am fearing for the future, if they intend to Work their way through the Spitfire Family. Eduard has so many good new ideas (what about his on-line magazine free for download).

And in spite of recent discussion, his Spitfires are not overpriced -- in comparison to mediocre and incorrect sets from, say Hasegawa.

NPL