Eastern express b777-300 build

I'll be following this one.

What I've noticed in your photo (and read about in other builds) is the slightly different diameters of the fuselage pieces. Is there anything about how they join that could be altered to reduce the step?

Such a pity we don't have a nice top quality 777 kit. Even more of a pity that Revell chose to make a 747-8 (along with Zvezdas effort) instead of a 777...well this year anyway.

ok as promised are review of what I did

1. I first got my sanding board out (which is sandpaper fixed to a flat pace of wood) to sand down each part of the fuselage parts which in total there are 6, 3 each side.
  2. gluing tabs on one side to make for a better glue joint.
  3. glue the half's together (rear part with tail to the other part with rear tail)
  4. glues the rear part to the mid part making sure its level and straight

note I have not stuck the nose part on yet as I need to add the gear bay and also nose weight which I am waiting for the new gear and other parts to arrive

more coming soon

What are the decals like with this kit Paul? Are you going to do it in Transaero or another scheme?

hi not sure what the decals are like I will not be using them I am going to do it in emerates so they are spare but they are abit creased cause it was poop packed

just a quick update I have revived my welsh models conv set for the b777 which has got the correct engines for the b777-300 ER series the GE90-115b and they look good so now I can move on and fit the new parts and gear

• 1 month later...

Very intruiged about this build and really want to see the finished result, especially if its Emirates :-P