2 x Airfix 1/72nd P-51Ds

Folks,

Built for a GB on uamf, here are 2 attempts at the Airfix 1/72nd scale new tool P-51D.

The first is "Anita", CV-W, a MkIVa from 3Sqn RAAF in 1945. Decals from Xtradecals (apart from wing roundels which were Almarks), and using the resin undernose insert from Freightdog (I didn't bother using the Freightdog Aeroproducts prop, just reshaped the kit part with sidecutters and sanding stick):

DSCF4255_zps7e85b655.jpg

DSCF4253_zps2fb3d404.jpg

DSCF4260_zps56431517.jpg

The second is "LouIV / Athelene", E-2C, an early model P-51D without the fin fillet, from the 361st FG, 8th AF, USAAF in 1944. Decals from AeroMaster, otherwise oobL

DSCF4263_zpsb57c58aa.jpg

DSCF4264_zps0266be25.jpg

DSCF4270_zpsbd98cb0d.jpg

regards,

Martin

• Like 4

Martin,

Of course I am always biased where Mustangs are concerned AND these two are simply MOST IMPRESSIVE, GORGEOUS looking warbirds ..

I think you did a FANTASTIC job..

Very well finished. :worthy::worthy:

:heart::heart::heart:

Superb! Love the Bottisham bird & the work done in removing the spine, oh and the fettling on the props for the MkIVa. I used the Pavla Aeroprop which was very fiddly.

Such an excellent kit as I'm doing a couple at the moment, on similar themes, but different bases. 112 Sqn and a Wattisham based Mustang (Pin-up Girl). I think this kit deserves it's own sub-forum on Britmodeller!

Martin

Edited by Lightningboy2000