Bannockburn project

It´s the 700th anniversary next year so I´m creating both the scottish and english armys (Ratio of 50:1) using only one range of 1/72nd scale figs.

Douglas´s and Stewarts Shiltron

kamgie.jpg

The start of the force of English archers..some welsh ones

snf784.jpg

Edward de Bruces Shiltron

fc4gb9.jpg

The first stand of english infantry

2z40pcm.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks John

There are all from one range of figs and different sets within the range made by Strelets (1/72nd scale)

There´s a lot of converted figs amongst them. I could, theoretically used the entire range of 1772nd figs (metal and plastic) but that would have made life too easy :banghead::winkgrin:

For example, Edward de Bruces shiltron is made up using figs from 4 sets and a lot of conversions and creating the fig for MauriceAbbot of Incaffray took two different figs from two sets.

You can find thier medieval sets HERE sorted by Country

They even have sets devoted to the Wallace / Moray period like this one.

More based on the film than any real historical sources but a lot of the figs are usefull and the one showing his backside (6th row from top, far right) to the enemy is fun if anything else

Some of the scans at PSR look bad but I´ve just got this set and they are much better in reality than the Picture shows

Edited by Paul RH

Looking very good so far Paul.

It sounds like a full time project between now and the anniversary. How many figures will you need to do paint for the complete armies?

Andrew

Thanks Andrew. Working on a Ratio of 50:1 I reckon about altogether, 500 foot and cavalry. Just for the scottish schiltrons I´ll Need 80. If..and it´s something I´d like to do, if I´ve got time I´d like to build a model of the nearby Abbey to re-construct the fight around the scottish baggage Train.

The crossbows. Using a Ratio of 50:1 it works our as around 9 -10 figs.

2u70srb.jpg

The english army (so far) HERE

Another stand of english infantry

2ikw94k.jpg

More pics including the Standard bearer for Thomas Randolph, James Douglas, Lord of Douglas and Walter Stewart 6th High Steward of Scotland HERE

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...