1/32nd scale B-29 Superfortress

absolutely superb, just an observation though, on your trial fit pictures of the nose leg it was kicked out forward making the lower portion vertical but now it isn't, which one was correct?

I think that is paganbronze refers to the positioning of the leg of train placed obliquely, the aircraft being positive attitude!

feature not appreciate by the manufacturer of the kit (guess?!) having regard to the excessive length of this leg!

picture used to illustrate a point

tagsh2.jpg

Edited by paul coudeyrette

Thought I replied yesterday but I must have closed the page thinking I had :shutup:

Superb work Tom, glad to see it finished now as I'm looking forward to the next one! I personally think it should be the Wellington! Just a personal pref though ;)

Or, if you have a 1/32nd B-32 laying around get cracking with that, or even a 48th would be good!

Sorry it's taken so long to comment on the finished product!

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. this project is a real testament to the hobby! It's efforts like this (and many other fine builds I've seen here and on other sites) that make this hobby so magical. To be able to take a few scrap pieces of plastic (especially so in the case of a vac-form kit) and turn it into a piece of history as detailed as this is truly amazing!

I've spent a fair amount of time inside of, on, and around a B-29 (more than the average modeler, I'll wager) and I can honestly say you've nailed it! This thing really came to life!

Now... after a shooting match of THAT caliber, where do you go from here? :D (and can I have front row seats? LOL)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom

Very impressive model,well done .

I saw this last night at the club up close and personal, the pictures do not do this model justice or the size.Liked this model and enjoyed the WIP.

Hope your plans for your next build go well and look forward too following your build

Once again well done

Phil

Thanks again for the kind words... it's much appreciated!

I'm currently in the research mode of my next big vac build. All will be revealed soon.

Tom

• 1 year later...