Airfix P51 Mustang 1/72

Airfix P51 Mustang knocked up over 3 nights for a MACRO photography course this Friday (I wanted something cheap and cheerful that didn't matter if it got broken)

Eagle Cals Decals used and a bit of wine bottle foil for the seats but otherwise OTB. Rushed it so there is a bit of a lack of polishing and hence not the smoothest paint finish ever but will do the job.

Frankie1_zps35232dba.jpg

Frankie11_zps45212622.jpg

Frankie10_zps968cb8ec.jpg

Frankie9_zpsa2944c3c.jpg

Frankie8_zps9da8dd8a.jpg

Frankie7_zps148f003f.jpg

Frankie5_zpsec5246de.jpg

Frankie2_zpsb88294ee.jpg

• Like 3

Looking real good! I love "Ferocious Frankie", especially when the yellow has been expanded from that 12" band. :)

The undercarriage seems to have a funny angle though..?

Nice Model. Sorry not meant to be negative about this, but were you aware that the real 'Frankie' was an earlier D without the fin fillet? But you could say its the OFMC one based at Duxford, that one represents Frankie.

Nice Model. Sorry not meant to be negative about this, but were you aware that the real 'Frankie' was an earlier D without the fin fillet? But you could say its the OFMC one based at Duxford, that one represents Frankie.

that's the one !

Wasn´t there a later one? Or was just the yellow area expanded on this aircraft perhaps?

Nice build with very effective weathering!

In all well-meaning, perhaps you might want to check this profile photo of the full size machine: http://www.mindartdesign.com/warbirdsatduxford/airshows_2011/may/p-51d_ofmc.html, with regard to the angle of the main undercarriage legs. Also, the tailwheel assembly on your model seems to be the wrong way round.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Well been on the course and used my Olympus rather than the Sony 'point and shoot' and had the benefit of decent light as well. Pity about the shocking effort I made of the under carriage but that what happens when you hurry stuff I guess - hope you guys like the improved shots:

P5310188_zps1346f242.jpg

P5310181_zps8a338108.jpg

P5310141_zps2c722d28.jpg

P5310122_zps3989430b.jpg

P5310121_zpse850b959.jpg