Ambush 07, F/A-18C Flanker, VFC-12 1/48th Hasegawa

Without the pressure of a dead line I've been takin my time to finish the build, Like I said in a previous post, rushing caused mistakes which I'm trying to avoid as we approach the finish line.

Here is a pic of the model at the moment.

Hornetdecals_zpse99448da.jpg

I'm quite happy with the contrast in the decals, A lot of work but that's another story.

I'm making slow progress, next stage will be the weathering before final assembly. I'm still working on a few small items like the TACTs pod with the anti flutter weights which Hornets carry.

Watch this space :popcorn:

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi Shaun,

Any chance to see her finished ?

Nico

OMG, were have the last 11 months gone!!

I have still not finished the model, I had issue with the panel wash and lost interest for a while. Funny things is only last night I was going though my stalled projects and had a look at this build. With a bit of effort, I could probably finish it with in a week. :shrug:

Maybe its time to restart the project? :hmmm:

Shaun.

• 8 months later...

Just found this whilst doing research as I've picked up a reduced F/A-18A. Quite like the idea of a blue bandit hornet since I came across a pic of NSAWC #22 on the net. I think that VFC-12 bugs morphed into NSAWC bugs.

Got so much on it'll be in the stash for some time so I'll bookmark this and probably drool over it when you finish :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...