TOP GUN TOMCAT

68 SQUADRON

HI ALL, im helping a friend with his first model aircraft. hes a big tom cruise fan so i got him a 1/48th tomcat for his birthday n we are looking for some advice.

Firstly decals, does anyone know of any aftermarket sets for the TOP GUN movie version, if so can you let me know who does them so i can go shopping.

secondly i remember once, brousing threw a traders stock at a show .(i was looking for parts for a corsair at the time) that someone does a set of US NAVY pilot figures doing a high five. i think it was actually called " the need for speed" tho i cant be sure as its a while ago n i wasnt that interested. but they were clearly ment to be MAVRIK & GOOSE. tho again im not sure of the manufacturers name

Any help anyone can give me would be most helpful

thanks

The subject was discussed here last year:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234917350-f-14-top-gun-tomcat/

You have three choices:

1) printing those decals yourself

2) getting the decals mentioned in the post printed for you

3) looking for an old Testors kit like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-48-Grumman-F-14A-TOMCAT-TOP-GUN-Testors-/121105501483

If you buy one of these kits, then use the decals and give the kit to a kid that wants to start with plastic models. The kit included is the old fujimi kit and it's not particularly good really (although I have one myself and will built it someday).

The problem with going down the Testors route is that the kit was not really available outside the USA, so 99% of those you might find will come from there and today USPS postal rates would make this quite an expensive solution.