Nice job - good photos too, apart from those vignetted ones... more appropriate to the stringbag era than British Aviation's crowning (almost) achievement :)

• Like 1

Beautiful. always nice to see a TSR-2 funnily enough me and my dad were talking about them today and the other proposed versions including a smaller swing wing version. would have been nice had they happened.

I really must start my 72nd one i keep getting scared by it as there are such good models of it on here. but i think ill go for it soon.

yours looks fab cheers for sharing. Rob

• Like 1

"apart from those vignetted ones... more appropriate to the stringbag era than British Aviation's crowning (almost) achievement"

Funny that

I read somewhere that the swordfish was known as TSR1!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by hawker
  • Like 2

Cheers all for your comments.

@ Rob...go for it you'll do a good job!

@ Trevor...I tinted the inside of the clear parts with tamiya clear orange X-26 and it seems to work ok..

Brian.

• Like 1

I'm impressed Bri, '220 is my "local" TSR and the one I did all those years ago from the

superb Resitech kit(still got her too).

Nice finish on her(220 is pretty clean,219 got a bit grubby during flight testing)too.

Just check though mate,'220 was to be the weapons drop test airframe and as such,

has a camera pod on the cheeks of both intakes.

Mark

• Like 1

Thanks bri48 I will do. And I too wondered about the tinted windows. I.e. ways to do them I'm sure I heard of one method using food dye and klear but not tried it yet. I also thought about kynar or Mylar tape its clear yellow brown sticks and stays put is hear resistant as its for use with soldering (not that the airfix kit needs that much treatment) and might work. But then I didn't think of tamiya clears.

I'm actually suprised no after market vac or resin canopy has emerged for this,

Sorry fir the blathering on. Once again lovely bird

• Like 1

Lovely. Ever since my dad told me he was once engaged as a small subcontractor on the TSR2 project - making landing gear parts I think - I have been fascinated by the plane. Shame history was against it probably even before it got airborne.

Nice one Brian, great finish, looks a beauty in white :thumbsup:

Sean

Am I correct in thinking the white paint was a special compound in an attempt to minimise heating of the airframe (and crew) after a nuclear attack?

• Like 1

Brian, what a spectacular model of this astounding aircraft ! The TSR2 is such a good-looking and extremely interesting plane and your replica here clearly does it full justice. Seeing this model makes it all the more painful to realize how close Britain had come to having such a tremendous strike airplane before throwing away the long effort.

This must be a very impressive addition to your collection at 1/48 scale. Someday I hope to do a TSR2 and this sure is inspiration !

Mike

• Like 1