westland lynx

Picked up German navy/Royal navy revell lynx kits recently and it seemed a shame to close them up without photographs,now I am

sure there sure a lot of lynx fans out there who will spot my mistakes but using the references on site I am happy just to make them

look busy and interesting any suggestions welcome.RN version has centre seating.

thanks for lookingSDC10179_zpsfa042738.jpgSDC10183_zps3859dbfe.jpgSDC10182_zps509040de.jpgSDC10178_zpsb7f0088f.jpg

Progress on Revell lynx.these kits are a constant surprise,every time I think I am about to hit a problem

fit wise they just fall together.RN version nose needed filler down centre join,German version on hold

as sprue containing nose parts has been left at my sons house who gave me his kit!

thanks for looking.SDC10191_zps29cf7411.jpg

Now this looks like an interesting build thread, you've got my attention. It's lookin' good so far, I'll be looking in with interest Steve. I thake it you'll be building another for the Lynx Single Type Group Build at the end of the year?

Colin

Now this looks like an interesting build thread, you've got my attention. It's lookin' good so far, I'll be looking in with interest Steve. I thake it you'll be building another for the Lynx Single Type Group Build at the end of the year?

Colin

Thanks Colin,any excuse to build another one of these excellent kits! I would love to have a Brazilian navy version but I am surprised at the lack

of aftermarket decals so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Lynx latest,two issues have arisen very poor fit of the four part German nose but worked out ok and idiot builder attached RN version,s

wheel legs at the wrong angle so they point inward,so said idiot will have to cut them off and re-attach!Still a very enjoyable build should

have them primed in the next day or so but dreading the tinting the top cockpit glazing.SDC10211_zpscde55341.jpgSDC10210_zps175a1321.jpg

The canopy tinting is easy. Just get some clear Tamiya Paint of the correct colour, mask inside of canopy and airbrush. Don't try brush painting Tamiya clear paints, they just go streaky, guess how I found out?

Martin

The canopy tinting is easy. Just get some clear Tamiya Paint of the correct colour, mask inside of canopy and airbrush. Don't try brush painting Tamiya clear paints, they just go streaky, guess how I found out?

Martin

Thanks Martin, I bought tamiya clear green and had a practice on the clear intakes brushing and it was a disaster so I will try spraying them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve, I hope I'm not to late but the lump on the rear tail boom is not fitted to MK3 Lynx it's an antenna fitted to the later MK8's

Looking good just got my out on the bench the nose looks a pain to fill.

Hi Steve, I hope I'm not to late but the lump on the rear tail boom is not fitted to MK3 Lynx it's an antenna fitted to the later MK8's

Looking good just got my out on the bench the nose looks a pain to fill.

Thanks very much for the info,just in the nick of time too! just about to prime both kits after a lay off of a couple of weeks,cheers.

90% of the external lumps bumps etc added so now primed.RN version ready for final coat,WG needs another base coat and I need

to mix top coat then try not to mess up white underside,also little bit of filling sanding on both kits.SDC10227_zps810ab492.jpgSDC10226_zps762a2245.jpgSDC10224_zpsf3f8509f.jpgSDC10225_zpsc44699f0.jpg

• Like 2

Hi folks nearly there with these two,rotors built and finished just glossing for decals and glazing to add then both will recieve a very

little weathering and satin finish thanks for looking.SDC10238_zps31daef5a.jpgSDC10237_zps035d6e89.jpgSDC10236_zps06d7ecff.jpgSDC10235_zps48f24390.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wow a whole morning of modelling catching up on a few jobs!lynx wheels/rotors built and sprayed just details to paint where they attatch

to the rotor head put on a few decals just to convince myself that Iam getting somewhere! disaster with the marine title on the starboard

side silvered and then flaked off my local MZ has a few at £9.99 then dicounting them so will have to get one before they sadly close.for

a replacement,thanks for looking.SDC10266_zpsd94b8c32.jpgSDC10265_zps2d1972a3.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1