F-toys 1/144 North American F-100D Super Sabre (Converted to F-100A)

Whilst building an Otaki F-100D (awful kit, but I'm getting there) I bought a pre-painted 1:144 F-100D made by a company called F-Toys for the drop tanks, refuelling probe and pitot tube. I was looking at it one day and thought that it was too much of a waste to bin it and that I'd put it to some use, so I decided to convert it to the early production F-100A with the short tail. I had to trim the wing to remove the flaps and scribe the panel lines in that area, I also separated and opened up the canopy and detailed the cockpit. The tail was cut down and reprofiled, the intake was opened up and a new pitot made. After I sprayed the primer, I painted random panels in various colours. The slightly changed the tone of the silver, easy to see in daylight but the camera didn't pick it up until I used the flash.

Once I had stripped the paint off it was easy to disassemble as it's basically a snap fit model. I had fun making this one and can't wait until I finish the 100D (in RDAF markings) to display them side by side.

4x59DFV.jpg

Vb2rzS2.jpg

zgM3WRF.jpg

p8h5Cfx.jpg

mxQjxx1.jpg

LfSJZmA.jpg

• Like 1