Fantastic... its really rare to see an RB-26 in any scale and you've done a great job. Do you have either build-up photos or some reference photos on the aircraft?

Good evening

and thank you...
I mounted this model when the monogram model came out... I'll let you calculate the time!
As I usually does for all my arrangements, I search the documentation at the time of installation...
With regard to this RB 26, I based on the B26 French last who were nearing their end of life on the basis of Bordeaux, and frequently passing to the AIA de Clermont ferrand and the State was "blacker" than their camouflage! Still, I think that it should not be too difficult to find on the 'net"documentation on these aircraft...My personal documentation must be in my 500 or 600 kgs of books aeros!
Thanks again to appreciate

Good evening

and thank you...
I mounted this model when the monogram model came out... I'll let you calculate the time!
As I usually does for all my arrangements, I search the documentation at the time of installation...
With regard to this RB 26, I based on the B26 French last who were nearing their end of life on the basis of Bordeaux, and frequently passing to the AIA de Clermont ferrand and the State was "blacker" than their camouflage! Still, I think that it should not be too difficult to find on the 'net"documentation on these aircraft...My personal documentation must be in my 500 or 600 kgs of books aeros!
Thanks again to appreciate

The reason why I ask is that I'm trying to build the USAF RB-26Cs that operated during the Korean War with the 9th Tactical Reconnaissance wing, because my friend's grandfather was one of their pilots. Its actually very difficult to find any photos on these aircraft, partly because they flew classified missions. I've interviewed a number of pilots and pretty well purchased every book possible on the subject, and really I only have about five useable photos. I don't know if they were installed with the bomb bay cameras either.

What I immediately noticed was that you've correctly modeled the side mounted window for photography, and the front emergency hatch which was often used to load cameras. Those are really well done.

The reason why I ask is that I'm trying to build the USAF RB-26Cs that operated during the Korean War with the 9th Tactical Reconnaissance wing, because my friend's grandfather was one of their pilots. Its actually very difficult to find any photos on these aircraft, partly because they flew classified missions. I've interviewed a number of pilots and pretty well purchased every book possible on the subject, and really I only have about five useable photos. I don't know if they were installed with the bomb bay cameras either.

What I immediately noticed was that you've correctly modeled the side mounted window for photography, and the front emergency hatch which was often used to load cameras. Those are really well done.

Thanks, but this kind of details do not improvise... and "to have seen" makes many things!

• 4 years later...

Very nice, Paul! I intend to build a RB-26P too but currently I am searching for white French decals for the codes :(... You have done a masterful job with this!

Ā 

Merry Christmas .... Very deserved!

Ā 

Martin

On 30 May 2013 at 11:52 AM, paul coudeyrette said:
On 29 May 2013 at 9:25 PM, -Neu- said:

Ā 

Thanks, but this kind of details do not improvise... and "to have seen" makes many things!

Ā 

I understand, Paul, that you worked on these machines or at least was close them? Is that correct? If so do you have any guiding material you could share to help build a RB-26P?

Ā 

thank you, Martin

3 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Ā 

I understand, Paul, that you worked on these machines or at least was close them? Is that correct? If so do you have any guiding material you could share to help build a RB-26P?

Ā 

thank you, Martin

Ā 

I believe I read that Mr. Coudeyrette sadly passed away a few years ago....

Ā 

Keith

12 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Very nice, Paul! I intend to build a RB-26P too but currently I am searching for white French decals for the codes :(... You have done a masterful job with this!

Ā 

Merry Christmas .... Very deserved!

Ā 

Martin

Ā 

9 hours ago, spiton said:

Fantastic model. Very realistic. Great weathering

Ā 

9 hours ago, docjojo said:

An amazing build:thumbsup:

Ā 

7 hours ago, bruce bay said:

Love this! Really love the wear and tear on the wing roots, and it's a beautiful aircraft over all too!Ā 

Ā 

54 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

Ā 

Ā 

Keith

Hello all.

Ā 

As keefr22 wrote , Paul passed away in november 2014 .... he was and still is a great member of our french modelling forum : Fighters.

Ā 

Ā 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Ā 

Ā 

53 minutes ago, basket said:

Ā 

As keefr22 wrote , Paul passed away in november 2014 .... he was and still is a great member of our french modelling forum : Fighters

Ā 

I am so sorry to hear that but pleased to hear that him memory lives on.Ā 

Ā 

Martin

• Thanks 1

- It is a great pleasure to see this model of my desapeared friend, it shows that he is not forgotten byĀ our community, it also reminds us how was Paul Ā a wonderful modeller .Ā Thank you RidgeRunner

• Like 2

1 hour ago, woody37 said:

Iā€™ve seen several of his builds, each an inspiration, he was a master at producing life like finishes

Ā 

Even more so when you find out it was IIRC, all done with a hairy stick!

Ā 

Paul clearly knew aircraft and observed how the real thing weathers and reproduced what he saw.

Ā 

I'm glad to see that his builds are preserved where we can see them.

• Like 1

This is the first post mortem post I have ever seen! I knew Paul and he was a real Renoir as he always used brushes to paint and no airbrush at all! Gone but not forgotten!