1/48 Hasegawa Hawker Typhoon Mk Ib.

Just awesome stuff, and I like how some of the weathering does not conform to panel lines - very smart that.

regards,

Jack

I was just about to say the same - the slightly 'blotchy' effect of the top camo in particular is fab, it just lends the plane a brilliantly 3D look and no doubt mimics the way paint deteriorates very well. I also prefer the semi-gloss finish to a matt finish. What did you use for the brown weathering Spikelhund?

• Like 1

Thanks again chaps, makes all the effort very worthwhile.

I was just about to say the same - the slightly 'blotchy' effect of the top camo in particular is fab, it just lends the plane a brilliantly 3D look and no doubt mimics the way paint deteriorates very well. I also prefer the semi-gloss finish to a matt finish. What did you use for the brown weathering Spikelhund?

burncpt thanks for looking and commenting. The brown around the cannon was done with MiG shadow brown oils and the staining around the wing root area was done with MiG dark wash on flat paint, it stains the paint much like a filter I suppose, when that was dry I used Citadel Gryphonne Sepia wash, sploshed it on and around panels quite randomly, once dry it adds a nice patina, I liked it anyhoo! Hope that answers your question.

Cheers...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...