1/48 A6M2 Rufe

I built this for the Floatplane GB and finished it in 2 days. This was my 1st attempt at a water base and I know it's not completely accurate but I needed a base for the Rufe to sit on. The kit is the Tamiya 1/48 A6M2 Rufe, painted with Lifecolors and built OOB.

DSCF4154_zps2c784ecd.jpg

DSCF4153_zps9a9d79bf.jpg

• Like 2

2 day huh, bloody good stuff. I think that is the built rate that many of us need to acheive to actually have a hope of building our stashes before we reach 120 years old.

• Like 1

Great job Lloyd! The base really sets off the float planes better than always seeing them on a trolley :thumbsup:

Wow - look nice and in just two days??? I am currently doing a 1-32 Revell/Matchbox Spitfire OOB as a toy for my son the "fast lane" but I can say that the drying time alone will slow my build down to a few evenings :-)

Nice one Lloyd, you going to try and beat your build total for last year of 58 completed models?

For those of you who do not know Lloyd, he can build a model OOB (it was a 1/48th Airacobra) the day before the club contest, as that was the only class he did not have anything for.

Enter it, mind you it did have wet paint signs next to it LOL, and take first place 1/48 OOB

Blooming heck, 2 days is amazing, could you give us slow coaches a few speed tips please as with a 2 day build time I won't need to rely on reincarnation to finish the stash !

Cheers Pat

I think that looks great... and that water base is very smart... I really want to build one (the plane)... was it a good kit?

it is a very good kit, went together well, no filler used on it

Excellent build, one small point if I may? With the pilot on the wing the aircraft should be listing to starboard.

it is listing, just doesn't look like it in the pics